Toro Zero Turn Lights

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #11  
I put led pod lights on my ZTR years ago. By the time I'm home from work it's nearly dark in the fall. I mulch leaves about every 2-4days in the height of the season.
Not a yardee (like you) obviously. I've never mulched leaves or collected grass clippings. When the leaves come down (and we have a lot of trees here, I let the wind blow them away and forget about them. I look at that is just wasting fuel and putting unnecessary hours on the mowers, but then I live on a farm, not in suburbia so lawn care is a low priority anyway.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #12  
I don't see a big advantage to ZTR lights in my situation
But that doesn't mean there's not an application in other folks' ways (and time) they mow.
Mitchash, in post #5, has good reason for lights on his ZTR.

Last edited:
   / Toro Zero Turn Lights #13  
Not a yardee (like you) obviously. I've never mulched leaves or collected grass clippings. When the leaves come down (and we have a lot of trees here, I let the wind blow them away and forget about them. I look at that is just wasting fuel and putting unnecessary hours on the mowers, but then I live on a farm, not in suburbia so lawn care is a low priority anyway.
Wow, kind of opinionated arentcha. Btw, where I live I mulch my leaves in my front yard as they are already coming down from one oak and I've still grass to cut for a couple more months. Leaves don't always just blow away either. Those oak leaves would still be there next spring.

And dew?

Maybe until about 10am, but it is still dry out there right now at 830pm and is plenty dark as sundown was an hour ago. Temp won't reach dewpoint till way past midnight.

I don't cut in the dark, but there are darn sure a lot of folks that have to... so lights on a ztr, might be necessary

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #14  
Like I said. I use my Simplicity Citation XL with the lights on about 3 or so times a year. And mostly in the fall probably when the leaves start a comin' down. Yes, I live in a neighborhood where everyone keeps their lawn looking good. Everyone else is on 1/4 acre. I have 4 to cut here so it's not just a 10minute job. The lights are needed to finish the leaf chopping incidents so I don't have blow them and rake them and bag them. I'm not a farmer. I care about the lawn and how it looks. Yep, a suburbanite here. Just with 4 acres of it though.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #15  
I have a neighbor lady that mows her acreage after the sun goes down with her John Deere 1025r and lights.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #16  
I use my lights in summer when it is too hot during the day. (which is nearly every day) I have no close neighbours so the noise at night is not a concern. Handy if rain is forecast and you need to mow before it arrives.
Everyone has their own opinion and some like to comment just for the sake of commenting.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #17  
Good one but I'm not a "yardee". I just mulch the leaves in in the fall. No sprays, no fertilizer, no edging, no flower beds and in fact my "lawn" is mostly weeds. I just like being able to find my things and not dig through 2ft of leafs that have blow into corners.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #18  
Good one but I'm not a "yardee". I just mulch the leaves in in the fall. No sprays, no fertilizer, no edging, no flower beds and in fact my "lawn" is mostly weeds. I just like being able to find my things and not dig through 2ft of leafs that have blow into corners.

Same here. I use to rake and burn leaves which was a pain.
But not anymore. Once the first leaves start to fall (early November) I put the mulch kit on my zero turn and mulch away.
As long as I don't wait too long I can stay ahead of the leaves of which I get a lot on the ground.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #19  
lol... 5030 sees no need for lights on his ZTR, so you are all wrong! Brilliant logic.

Like others, there are at least two or three times each autumn that I run out of daylight before the work is done, almost always doing leaf clean-up with a Little Wonder on my blower buggy. But as @Handloader109 already noted, it can be well above dew point for several hours past dark, often until just the few pre-dawn hours. No issues.

/ Toro Zero Turn Lights #20  
lol... 5030 sees no need for lights on his ZTR, so you are all wrong! Brilliant logic.

Like others, there are at least two or three times each autumn that I run out of daylight before the work is done, almost always doing leaf clean-up with a Little Wonder on my blower buggy. But as @Handloader109 already noted, it can be well above dew point for several hours past dark, often until just the few pre-dawn hours. No issues.

Attachments

• tractorbynet_ignore_5030.jpg
    tractorbynet_ignore_5030.jpg
    465.5 KB · Views: 73