Towing capacity of small compact tractor?

/ Towing capacity of small compact tractor? #12  
Somewhere on this forum there is an addapter for sale that bolts to your 3ph drawbar and goes up to your top link. It gives you a receiver on your drawbar that won't twist under load (because of the toplink). Then all you need to change ball sizes is a drawbar for each size. If you already have a receiver on your truck its always handy to have a bar for each ball, especially here in snow country. No pipe wrenches to change balls, plus there are a lot of goodies that you can plug into a 2"receiver.....

/ Towing capacity of small compact tractor? #13  
You probably already checked this but my drawbar had 2 different size holes along it's length...

/ Towing capacity of small compact tractor?
Actually, my drawbar takes a 1" diameter bolt instead of 3/4" or 7/8", so a 2 5/16th ball with a 1" shaft is found virtually everywhere. My 2 5/16th ball I keep on my truck is a 10,000 lb rated ball. That is why it's shaft is larger than standard and would not fit in the tractor drawbar.

What I purchased and works:

Tractor Supply Company - 2 5/16 in x 1 in x 2 1/8 in Trailer Hitch Ball

/ Towing capacity of small compact tractor? #15  
Don't ask how I found this out, but when towing a trailer down a steep, slippery slope your brakes are much more effective when you are in 4WD.:eek:

John

/ Towing capacity of small compact tractor?
Well, the tractor does fine pulling trailer without any problems. However, I had a few problems. I backed the trailer down a pretty long steep hill to get in close to my brushpile. The problem is we've had 2 straight days of rain and even in 4WD + diff. lock, all I could do was spin about a quarter of the way up the hill. So, I was able to get my truck backed to the trailer, but still too muddy. With the Titan in 4WD + rear diff.lock engaged, still just spinning, and making deeper ruts. I even hooked up my old 73' Jeep with lockers in both axles but still not enough traction. With all 4 wheels spinning on my jeep + being pulled by neighbor's 50HP Kubota about 40' ahead(on more level ground), we finally got the trailer out.