Towing manure spreader

/ Towing manure spreader #21  
Not true.

It is a implement of husbandry and falls under completely diffferent rules.

Implements like this are towed everyday around here.

Implements of husbandry are excluded from vehicle registration if they meet certain criterion that are state dependent, for example moving on a highway that connects farmer's pieces of property or delivering produce to market. I've never seen any language that allows transporting for the purpose of sale.

But that has nothing to do with insurance anyway. Auto insurance policies exclude coverage for unlicensed equipment, regardless of whether it's an implement of husbandry. That coverage can be added as part of a business policy or other specialized coverage like farming.

/ Towing manure spreader #22  
Implements of husbandry are excluded from vehicle registration if they meet certain criterion that are state dependent, for example moving on a highway that connects farmer's pieces of property or delivering produce to market. I've never seen any language that allows transporting for the purpose of sale.

But that has nothing to do with insurance anyway. Auto insurance policies exclude coverage for unlicensed equipment, regardless of whether it's an implement of husbandry. That coverage can be added as part of a business policy or other specialized coverage like farming.

You speak for all Insurance Companies?:rolleyes:

I have not seen anything saying you can't tow such implements on the highway. A typical load leaving a equipment dealer here is a tractor or skidloader on a rollback and a baler, manure spreader or other implement in tow.

The spreader that I pictured don't even weight 3000# so it would fall below both brakes and license plate requirments here if it was a trailer.

/ Towing manure spreader #23  
You speak for all Insurance Companies?:rolleyes:

I have not seen anything saying you can't tow such implements on the highway. A typical load leaving a equipment dealer here is a tractor or skidloader on a rollback and a baler, manure spreader or other implement in tow.

The spreader that I pictured don't even weight 3000# so it would fall below both brakes and license plate requirments here if it was a trailer.

Only place I know that you wouldn't be allowed to tow it would be on an Interstate or Limited Access highway.