Tracks on a UTV

/ Tracks on a UTV #11  
A lot of power is required to negotiate snow. Tha means NOISE in some way. Not very conducive to enjoying nature.

/ Tracks on a UTV #13  
I sure enjoy motoring around our land in the utv, seeing and monitoring it in the beautiful winter setting all winter long at an enjoyable 4-5 mph versus ripping through the woods too fast to see anything on a sled, not to mention with my wife and dog. If one was patient, I'd bet you could get into a set of used tracks for $3000. The particular mounting parts can be purchased as the tracks themselves are 1 of 2 sizes.
ATV and utv, the utv being a little bigger/longer.

Having idler bearings flailed on our machines, I'd be leery of used pods. If they are Soucy built, then they are very much more serviceable and used might be OK.

/ Tracks on a UTV #14  
For just getting around with some utility use find a used Thiokol IMP or similar unit,
tracks cab and heat the only way to go in deep snow.

/ Tracks on a UTV #15  
Having idler bearings flailed on our machines, I'd be leery of used pods. If they are Soucy built, then they are very much more serviceable and used might be OK.
The Camso (used to be Camoplast) are serviceable including updated bearings and wheels, well at least according to a big dealer with a bunch of videos on their YouTube "channel".
atvtracks.com or maybe .net?
Pretty informative about use, installation and adjustments.

/ Tracks on a UTV #16  
Did you see the price of the idlers?? They are costly have poor bearings molded into them. I do have experience in this business. Soucy has snap rings holding there bearings in. (y)

Last edited:
   / Tracks on a UTV #17  
A lot of power is required to negotiate snow. Tha means NOISE in some way. Not very conducive to enjoying

Did you at the price of the idlers?? They are costly have poor bearings molded into them. I do have experience in this business.
No I have not needed anything, but just being able to service it at all these days is a good thing. 👍
My usage is pretty light (we go slow) and can be out for an hour or so and maybe travel 3-4 miles, hard to say as the speedometer is not geared for the tracks. My used machine came with the tracks and was "adult owned". Hopefully it will be a few years before I need it get into it.

/ Tracks on a UTV #18  
I have been in a few. Like sharing a dumpster with a lawn mower basically.

As far as a modern cab. I can see some applications. However, I like Nature. I like some hot and cold, wind and snow. As far as I am concerned enjoying nature has nothing to do with riding around in some Pope Mobile thing. Protecting me fom every rain drop and mosquito.

Just took my Mule Diesel (Non Cab) for a drive to the back. Wore hearing protection. Terribly noisy! Always has been. Maybe you don't realize the noise as much until you experience/appreciate an electric UTV.

/ Tracks on a UTV #20  
As part of my work, we used atv's and utv's equipped with pods for use in snow for many years. Suppose I have 4000 hours operating and servicing them. Using both camso and soucy products. If anyone here has questions concerning there use, feel free to ask any questions.
Griz in deep (DL).jpg
bossplows0661.jpg
defrollsschoo62.jpg
defenderdriveframe work.jpg