Tracks on a UTV

/ Tracks on a UTV #31  
Had ours out today , sure beats walking !
67F135DE-0A0B-46E7-A842-6D7FD9E2219F.jpeg

/ Tracks on a UTV #32  
Not as for CARDIAC health. lol

/ Tracks on a UTV #33  
I'll again state, pods on your atv or utv are the superior option for most people. No, they are not perfect, but you have a machine that can be used year around. (yes, taking the pods off for the summer)

bossplows230.jpg

Last edited:
   / Tracks on a UTV #34  
Not as for CARDIAC health. lol
Try driving about 250 miles a day through bush on a quad. Fording steams and flood areas from beaver dams. You are thoroughly tired out by the end of the day. And it's so much fun we would do it for 10 days in a row.

/ Tracks on a UTV #36  
I'm not sure I'd want Andrew operating any of our machines,,,, or repairing them. :LOL: The pods he's got appear to be a very dated design and the video was shot in very shallow snow. Where we operate, a tire equipped vehicle would go the lenght of the machine.

/ Tracks on a UTV #37  
I'm kicking around buying tracks for my Gator 855D. I have heard, but no personal experience, that using tracks is tough on the running gear.
For you guys who have had tracks on your UTV for a while (couple years, at least), are they tough on the driveline?
can you put tracks on the rear two wheels and skies on the front
like they did to the old model T
search Model T Snowmobile

/ Tracks on a UTV
can you put tracks on the rear two wheels and skies on the front
like they did to the old model T
search Model T Snowmobile
Interesting thought, but I have no idea. You'd have to come up with some way to rig the skis to the front hubs or, maybe even over the tires...

/ Tracks on a UTV #39  
This would probably work ok on a well groomed trail, but in my limited experience you most certainly will not be breaking trails through un touched snow. I think you'd be about equal and cheaper with tire chains.

/ Tracks on a UTV #40  
If anyone has any questions concerning the practicality of pods on a UTV or ATV, feel free to ask them.
Rhino Rolls CR.jpg
scott and Rhino rollls CR BC trrails.II (DL).jpg