Tractor Brands Market Share

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #111  
I am surprised at the strength of the AGCO group.

Fendt is literaly everywhere in Germany, which is to be expect but have also expanded to other countries and gained some serious momentum. MF speaks for itself.

A big help for the AGCO group is the Valtra tractors. They are very popular tractors amongst the loggers so you'll see them everywhere in logging areas. Usually in the 120 to 200 hp range. A big part of why they are so popular is the reversible platform, which makes a great feature to use with a logging crane.

1635936793245.png

/ Tractor Brands Market Share
I was able to find the market share/sales regarding 20 countries of Europe from 2019.

While JD doesn't sell many CUTs or SCUTs in Europe, in Portugal they don't even stock them because they know they don't have a chance, they do make up for it on tractors over 50 HP.

All the text is in Portuguese but the table is pretty easy to understand. On the top right, you can see the top 6 in market share.

View attachment 719507

Very interesting! Thanks for posting. I wish the US could share data like that.

But do note the top sellers have no where near 50% of the market share.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #113  
Very interesting! Thanks for posting. I wish the US could share data like that.

But do note the top sellers have no where near 50% of the market share.
They aren't even close to 25%. I'm sure it will go higher on tractors from 50 HP and less in the US, but no where close to 50%.

I don't even know why some people tend to claim 50% of market shares on this forum. I think they would be very surprised on the real market shares if we could get access to data like this for the US market as it would be a lot more spread between all manufacturers.

Sure, I could see Kubota or JD getting something in the 30% range, but definitely nowhere close to 50%. There are simply too many manufacturers out there doing great to make a 50% market share possible.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #114  
It is fascinating to me to hear so many personal opinions being described as facts....particularly when the opinions are about financials, brands, and popularity.

Nothing else that I can think of is quite so illustrative of the huge change in peoples' perceptions over the last 30 years or so.

It seems to me that we really have elevated opinion to the level of science as the way we form our basic beliefs.

rScotty

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #115  
It is fascinating to me to hear so many personal opinions being described as facts....particularly when the opinions are about financials, brands, and popularity.

Nothing else that I can think of is quite so illustrative of the huge change in peoples' perceptions over the last 30 years or so.

It seems to me that we really have elevated opinion to the level of science as the way we form our basic beliefs.

rScotty
“Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.”- Plato

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #116  
I think they would be very surprised on the real market shares if we could get access to data like this for the US market as it would be a lot more spread between all manufacturers.
You can get access to it for $500

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #117  
I’ve come to believe that NH, Deere, Kubota, Kioti and others will do the job just fine...is that a fair assessment?

The design of the (Ferguson) Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939 -- 82 years in 2021.

The basic design is generic. Ferguson's Three Point Hitch patents expired around 1955.

Kubota and Deere have most of the market through 6,000 pound bare weight tractors. But this Kubota/Deere predominance is regional.

The up and coming tractor brands are Korean: Kioti, LS and Branson. There are other Korean brands. You have to critically assess dealer stability while shopping minor brands. Most or all of the Korean tractor brands have AROUND 1% compact tractor market share in the USA under their primary trademark. I am skeptical even the most successful Korean tractor brand exceeds 2% market share under it's primary trademark.

Korean manufacturing labor is paid 50% of what Deere pays its union work force. Japanese manufacturing labor is paid 70% of what Deere pays its union work force. Labor costs strongly influence tractor prices.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #118  
What I’ve come to notice is that most of the big three (NH, Deere, Kubota) and kioti and others will do the job just fine...is that a fair assessment?

The design of the (Ferguson) Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939 -- 82 years in 2021.

The basic design is generic. Ferguson's Three Point Hitch patents expired around 1955.

Kubota and Deere have most of the market through 6,000 pound bare weight tractors. But this Kubota/Deere predominance is regional.

The up and coming tractor brands are Korean: Kioti, LS and Branson. There are other Korean brands. You have to critically assess dealer stability while shopping minor brands. Most or all of the Korean tractor brands have AROUND 1% compact tractor market share in the USA under their primary trademark. I am skeptical even the most successful Korean tractor brand exceeds 2% market share under it's primary trademark.

Korean manufacturing labor is paid 50% of what Deere pays its union work force. Japanese manufacturing labor is paid 70% of what Deere pays its union work force. Labor costs strongly influence tractor prices.
Where is this documented? LS makes tractors for NH, Case, and LS Of course. Kioti also makes Bobcat tractors. Just these 2 cases would surely put them above 1%...... even above 2%.
Your just feeding BS..... just like you used to say that SCUTs were just garden tractors. There were NUMEROUS members here that contradicted your statements with proof that they in fact were little workhorses.

At one time, not too long ago, I actually spoke with an LS regional rep about opening an LS dealership in our area. The only competition here would be JD, Kubota, and Mahindra. The rep presented a spreadsheet showing these brands and sizes of tractors sold during the previous year. JD had a slightly higher market share over Kubota, by around 4%. Mahindra carrying about 18% of sales in the area. There was a Kioti dealer, but outside of his research area.

He estimated that an LS dealership here would start out around a 10% market share, increasing to around 15% after a year.
10% of this market is about 60 tractors a year..... not a ridiculous number to achieve.

You're just guessing...... provide some proof of your measly 1%....

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #119  
Where is this documented? LS makes tractors for NH, Case, and LS Of course. Kioti also makes Bobcat tractors. Just these 2 cases would surely put them above 1%......

Most or all of the Korean tractor brands have AROUND 1% compact tractor market share in the USA under their primary trademark. I am skeptical even the most successful Korean tractor brand exceeds 2% market share under it's primary trademark.

LS tractors sold under the LS brand by LS dealers are primary trademark sales.

LS tractors badged for NH, Case and others are PRIVATE LABEL SALES.

Kioti tractors sold under the Kioti brand by Kioti dealers are primary trademark sales.

Kioti tractors badged for Bobcat are PRIVATE LABEL SALES.

I am skeptical even the most successful Korean tractor brand exceeds 2% market share under it's primary trademark.

Korean brands PROBABLY had around 10% compact tractor market share, INCLUDING PRIVATE LABELS, in the USA during 2020.

The title of this thread is "Tractor Brands Market Share".

Read previous 118 posts.

I go a year without getting so 'het up'.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share
Speculation is just that. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. The goal for this thread was to see if we could find facts about market share and that has proven to be unlikely for the US market.

Speculation or gut feelings is not factual and should never be portrayed as such. One day, we may find a trust worthy source on market share. Until then, we can just enjoy the guessing game. :ROFLMAO: