Tractor Brands Market Share

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #231  
2023 PERSPECTIVE

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #232  
Are those Kioti footsteps I hear?

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #234  
Don't worry, he's still trying to analyze the market so he can get a tractor ....

Maybe one of these days.....

It Looks like he has a Ford 3000 already, and when he gets a new tractor good chance if he hooks it to good sized ground engaging implement, he may be surprised to find that the old 40HP Ford will lug down and just keep pulling... where the New tractor will just keep losing RPM until it is downshifted or the hydro has to be slowed to a barely moving crawl. :)

From Neil's video, makes you wonder what he has heard to make the smaller brand failure prediction.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share
I don’t think he knows anything. Everything he said about market share was assumed. The take away I got from that video was they do not have a clue how much they have of the market.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #236  
I don’t think he knows anything. Everything he said about market share was assumed. The take away I got from that video was they do not have a clue how much they have of the market.
This.

All of these videos are just assumptions. If anything, they know what they sell at their locations, definitely not what others sell. After all, he is a salesman and we all know salesman can spit out a lot things and not many end up being true, not even close to.

By the amount of videos he does like this, where he claims there are too many brands in market, it just reveals the competition may be hitting them quite hard.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #237  
This.

All of these videos are just assumptions. If anything, they know what they sell at their locations, definitely not what others sell. After all, he is a salesman and we all know salesman can spit out a lot things and not many end up being true, not even close to.

By the amount of videos he does like this, where he claims there are too many brands in market, it just reveals the competition may be hitting them quite hard.
I speculate that Kubota's 0% financing marketing has carried them to as high a USA market penetration as possible, even if Kubota can borrow at 2% - 3% interest rates in Japan. Certainly Kubota lost market share during Covid, when Kubota USA could not produce sufficient Loaders and Backhoes from Kubota's then existing Georgia plants, costing Kubota tractor sales.

TYM's market share is up there, even if 60% or more of its market share is sold as private labels / badged for other tractor brands. You can survive on low margin for awhile if you can shift your marketing costs by selling private label but you depend on the primary brands having a viable market strategy, which they may not have.
In some medium size tractor market there may be 2-3-4 tractor dealers selling TYM primary and private label tractors. This cannot be healthy for TYM, nor the small dealers, long term.

I find it strange, particularly, that Mahindra is not producing compact tractors for the USA in its Indian plants rather than relying on TYM for its lighter models.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #238  
Like I've said many times in the past, what I own is 100% dependent on the dealer and how good they are at addressing my issues if I have any.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #239  
I have a made in India mahindras. My buddies is a tym mahindra.

They are decent machines but the dealers are all lawn mower shops and fly by night.

Thankfully mine is old enough, I've just ordered international part equivalents.

just what I see around the house, its JD, kubota or case. Your hard pressed to find ANY other brands.

I only know of 1 dealer that isnt one of the big american staples or kubota.

Ironically deere has been the worst dealers to deal with bar none. My family owns a JD 755 and it's the hardest machine to get worked on compared to a 30 year old mahindra that the dealer cant even find in the parts system without help

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #240  
I posted this on GreenTractorTalk in a thread on the same video; I'm copying it verbatim.

Well, that sure is an opinion.

There will be a few to go, but it sure isn't going to be the brands he'd like to see go away. Kioti, TYM, and Mahindra are going nowhere; now, Bobcat will be interesting as they intend to pivot to making their own machines. Where I'd be cautious is Bad Boy, potentially Rural King, and Summit. The Summit will be something to watch, with a new business model; I'd see them making fairly large inroads in the consumer market. The problem? Solis is ramping up their efforts in the North American market; Solis is ITL's brand, and ITL makes machines for Summit. The Summit is priced close to the Solis, and is more user friendly. However, would ITL ever favor Summit over Solis? I can't imagine so.

TYM just finished their absorption of Branson, bringing Kukje engines into their fold; now they're making their own engines in-house, and have doubled their North American assembly capability. Kioti is Daedong, Daedong not only builds their own engines, but also manufacturers metal products for many other industries including South Koreas shipbuilders. Yanmar is a massive company as well, producing diesel engines for everything and everyone. These companies can operate their tractor business' at a loss for a long time if need be; they're not going anywhere.

I could see LS potentially being consumed by CNH, and I think that would be good for both companies long term; they're the wild card here. LS Mtron is the smallest of the South Korean tractor brands now; they produce the smaller tractors for New Holland and Case IH. They also have done well keeping up with CNH parts needs, ensuring a supply of replacement and consumable items. It could be argued this is done at the cost of their own parts network; of course the benefit of LS is that many New Holland parts are cross compatible.