the house:unsure:

willy

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #222  
It won't be long when farmers can sit in
their rocking chair and guide their tractors
to take care of their crops without leaving
the house:unsure:

willy
You must mean "hobby farmers", Williy. I think some of the large commercial operations are already using unmanned GPS guided tractors.

This is from almost 10 years ago:

and 4 years ago:

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #223  
You must mean "hobby farmers", Williy. I think some of the large commercial operations are already using unmanned GPS guided tractors.

This is from almost 10 years ago:

and 4 years ago:
Most all the larger ones are using GPS and Precise Field mapping with auto steer, I do not know of any that using unmanned tractors.
Still a lot of human intervention and control.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #224  
Most all the larger ones are using GPS and Precise Field mapping with auto steer, I do not know of any that using unmanned tractors.
Still a lot of human intervention and control.
Reminds me of a new natural gas fired power plant that went up in my area, so automated that it was staffed by a one operator and one dog per shift.

I asked, "If it is so automated, then why does the operator even have to be there"?

"To feed the dog and to take him out when he needs to pee", they replied.

"So then, why is the dog there?", I asked.

"To make sure that the man does not touch anything".:)

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #225  
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #226  

Earnings News:

Kubota Corporation GAAP EPS of ¥130.82 beats by ¥125.22, revenue of ¥2.68B​

Kubota Corporation press release (OTCPK:KUBTY)

Feb. 16, 2023 6:18 AM ET Kubota Corporation (KUBTY) By: Urvi Shah, SA News Editor

FY GAAP EPS of ¥130.82 beats by $125.22.

Revenue of ¥2.68B (+22.4% Y/Y).

Someone is still buying tractors, construction equipment and water treatment plants.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Brands Market Share #227  
I thought about this thread a few days ago when I was reading some of Bob Skurka's old posts. Thought I would share it with everyone as I found some insightful information in it.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #228  
I have learned a lot about tractors & equipment of the last 35 years.
One thing I have learned, without any doubt, is the best selling tractor is not the best tractor. It’s the best marketed tractor.

Anyone buying a tractor solely on sales numbers will probably be disappointed in their purchase.

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #229  
I thought about this thread a few days ago when I was reading some of Bob Skurka's old posts. Thought I would share it with everyone as I found some insightful information in it.

Maybe helpfull/accurate nearly 2 decades ago when it was posted

/ Tractor Brands Market Share #230  
Don't worry, he's still trying to analyze the market so he can get a tractor ....

Maybe one of these days.....