Tractor decision

/ Tractor decision #51  
If you want to put all your hard earned money you spent on your tractor to the ground, put R-1’s on. If youre on pavement A LOT, don’t get R-1’s.

/ Tractor decision
I would say you've set a pretty realistic budget and machine set for your needs. I would probably pick R-14s for what you discribe (if available). Don't know the pricing on hydralic pivot snow plow, but seems like you left about $12k over tractor price for 3rd function, and impliments, which seems sufficient.

If you can find a used 6-7 ft box blade, it's probably $500 vs $1500 new; but they don't really wear out (heavy use does wear the cutting edges, but most will never see enough use to get to that point).

Make sure you measure the cab height for that garage door, as in the machine set up you actually want to buy, not a BS spec from online, as tire sizes will affect that.

On pricing; check your local rules; but you shouldn't have to pay sales tax for ag equipment.

Discs, turn plows, bale spears, ect are readily available in the used market. Bushhogs are too, but you want to make sure they have the pto shaft, gear box is good, ect; and as a first time operator, maybe better to buy that new with the tractor.

Check out the cab visibility to see the bucket corners too; it's not gonna be on a spec sheet, but will really affect the user experience.
Cab height 90 inches

/ Tractor decision #55  
Just remember that’s taller than any vehicle you likely own…and you want to drive it through the woods.
Maybe he will actually be careful. Maybe owns a semi. Maybe his woods are all tall oaks. Maybe he will clear pathways with a chainsaw first. Maybe he...

He rightfully wants a cab.

/ Tractor decision #57  
Having worked in factories all of my life, you couldn’t pay me to own a cabbed tractor, after I retire. I love my outside time, on my open station tractors.

The home-made canopy on the JD is a very nice feature for open field work in the summer or in the rain though:
IMG_3472.jpeg

IMG_3261.jpeg

IMG_3244.jpeg

You can see that I am not “color blind” because I run the American “big 3”.

/ Tractor decision #59  
There are some abandoned round bales on the property. So far I have been burning them.
I would look for better uses instead of burning them. Are there areas that need erosion control? Wildlife shelters? Wind breaks for the new house? Compost for the garden?