Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade
This winter we had only one larger snowfall...but it's not over yet.

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #83  
WOW !!!! You really should manufacture and sell. Looks great , wonderful attention to detail. Craftsmanship....AWESOME

The beauty is in the details :)

29fc8ht.jpg

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #85  
WOW !!!! You really should manufacture and sell. Looks great , wonderful attention to detail. Craftsmanship....AWESOME

I agree with the attention to detail and craftsmanship as I build things for people too. The trouble is that while everyone enjoys the craftsmanship and detail all of that takes time. The time needs to be reflected in the price and very few consumers want to pay for that. When I build I love all the little detail stuff. I really enjoy making something look and function well. Most people don't want to pay for the detail so be careful if you decide to go into manufacturing.

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #86  
In the photo in post 84, it must be really satisfying to make that first push on the ground after all the design, fabrication, construction and paint. Not many people ever get to know that feeling.

I agree. It's a very good feeling :)

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #88  
The beauty is in the details :)

29fc8ht.jpg

Hi BFreaky,

Not only is the beauty in the details, it in every assembly and subassembly you showed us- and in the smooth curves and in the overall design efficiency.

Thanks for sharing, and while I am sure I will never make anything so wholly elegant and serviceable, having seen your work will inspire me to be better at mine.

Thomas

I'm glad if you get inspired to build new things :)

/ Tractor dirt/snow blade - homemade #90  
You blade looks very nice. Did you also build your front 3PH?