Tractor exhaust pipe modification

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #1  

Tachdriver

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota bx25
I have a new 2655 Mahindra tractor. I would like to have a vertical exhaust pipe with rain cap flapper, I may make one, but has anyone done this or have an ideas ? I suspect I will have to install a SS flex joint where the new pipe meets the factory one

Later

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #2  
Is it a cab unit? Just asking because a vertical pipe may allow exhaust into cab ac intakes.... just saying

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #3  
Have only had replacements made but if it were me, if vertical exhaust was an option would like to see that design first. I would fine an exhaust shop who makes their pipes as they should be able to make a pipe to fit the tractor with out flex pipe. As to the top rather have the basically gentle bend and not a flapper on top of the pipe. Of course turn it away from the operator's station or cab. Be sure it does not interfere with hood or front end loader. Depending on how it exits the hood area may need to install heat shield. It will create a blind spot of some size and also something for tree limbs to have fun with.

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification
its not a cab tractor but open one

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #5  
Out of curiosity, why do you want the vertical exhaust? Congrats on the new tractor.

i want to be cool, like Oliver Douglas :)

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #7  
Most vertical exhaust pipes on non cab tractors run directly up from the exhaust manifold, it may take some brackettry to do a vertical not held by the manifold.
Also definitely go with the rain flapper. If you end up with a trap in your exhaust piping you may wish to add a weep hole in the low point.

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #8  
Most vertical exhaust pipes on non cab tractors run directly up from the exhaust manifold, it may take some brackettry to do a vertical not held by the manifold.
Also definitely go with the rain flapper. If you end up with a trap in your exhaust piping you may wish to add a weep hole in the low point.

I'm cabbed (DIY) and my exhaust is at roof level with a flapper valve.
I never get any fumes in the cab so I'm good to go!
Extending is not rocket science, just weld on an extension to the pipe.
You can use flared tubing and clamps ( if you don't have welding abilities), but be sure to add a flapper cap to avoid water ingestion. (or at minimum U can add a 90 deg curve at the top end).

/ Tractor exhaust pipe modification #9  
I'm cabbed (DIY) and my exhaust is at roof level with a flapper valve.
I never get any fumes in the cab so I'm good to go!
Extending is not rocket science, just weld on an extension to the pipe.
You can use flared tubing and clamps ( if you don't have welding abilities), but be sure to add a flapper cap to avoid water ingestion. (or at minimum U can add a 90 deg curve at the top end).
its the units with ac and heat that may have an issue. They have intake vents on outside top of cab.

This guy nailed it, i like it. thanks

Later