Tractor Financing for bad credit?????

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #11  
A divorce is what put me in a slump....I have paid off all of my debt except my home and car payment, I have no credit card debt at all, the problem was late payments on credit cards....I have the funds to pay a monthly payment on a tractor but my fico is low and I worry that I wouldn't qualify for a loan at this time...I do appreciate the advice and maybe the suggestion of getting something to get me through for now is a good idea
I disagree with people saying credit is a bad thing. It's an excellent way to built assets and wealth, especially while you're starting a business.

Now, are you buying a tractor for a business that will be tax deductible? If so, you will be able to deduct the entire purchase thru depreciation, in addition to finance charges that you pay during the loan.

Or... Is this just a personal tractor for your property?

Have you checked with your local credit union?

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #12  
I disagree with people saying credit is a bad thing. It's an excellent way to built assets and wealth, especially while you're starting a business.

Now, are you buying a tractor for a business that will be tax deductible? If so, you will be able to deduct the entire purchase thru depreciation, in addition to finance charges that you pay during the loan.

Or... Is this just a personal tractor for your property?

Have you checked with your local credit union?

I Never used credit to build my business.. Never will.. Credit puts you at risk.. Risk of loosing items you buy on credit /owe for ,and can't pay..

You'll build no more assets with credit than cash.. If you pay finance charges.. you loose assets !
I have built my wealth without credit..
All the people I know that lost everything they had when the housing bubble burst lost it because of credit,so I would say they lost their wealth, and had to start over..

Back during the housing / business collapse, They tell me that everyone that was foreclosed on owed $$ to a bank or mortgage co..I know of no one that had everything paid for ,that got foreclosed on
Most times you can get a better deal with cash.. Credit will always cost you more by paying finance charges

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #13  
I Never used credit to build my business.. Never will.. Credit puts you at risk.. Risk of loosing items you buy on credit /owe for ,and can't pay..

You'll build no more assets with credit than cash.. If you pay finance charges.. you loose assets !

Back during the housing / business collapse, They tell me that everyone that was foreclosed on owed $$ to a bank or mortgage..I know of no one that had their business or home paid for that foreclosed on..
Most times you can get a better deal with cash.. Credit will always cost you more by paying finance charges

Using other people's money is the method that most of the successful business people that I know use.

Example: Two men (equal in every way for the purposes of this discussion) work at a job and make $25,000 per year. They can each save $8,000 per year if they try. But, they want to start a... oh let's call it a "moving truck" business. The moving truck they want to buy costs $40,000.

Guy 1 wanted to start making money now, so he finances the truck at 5% for 5 years, and will pay $755/mo with a total finance charge will be $5300. Broken down each year, let's say he spends $9000/year to own that vehicle. Expected Revenues will be $5,000/mo. So for the year, he'll make $60,000. Let's pretend that there are no other expenses of any kind, so his profit is $60,000. Let's say he pays 25% of that in income tax, so he pays back $15,000 to the Govt. However, he gets to write off the full purchase of the truck, so his income instead is actually $51,000, so he actually pays back $12,750 in taxes. In this pretend scenario, his actual yearly income after taxes is $38,250. Let's pretend that this scenario remains the same for these 5 years... over this 5 year period, he'll profit $191,250. He'll also own a truck that is worth say $15,000. So he's profited $191,250, and gained an asset worth $15,000.

Guy 2 decides he'll wait until he can save up enough money to buy that truck. If he can save $8,000/year, it will take him 5 years to save up. So, he's already 5 years behind Guy 1. Guy 2 starts working, making $60k per year. Let's say he depreciates the truck over five years also, and the $40k cost which equals $8k per year. So his taxable income is $52000, and he pays $13,000 in taxes. He didn't spend $755/mo on the truck (although he still paid $40k for it up front) so his actual yearly profit is $47000. So, effectively, Guy 2 will "profit" about $9k more per year than Guy 1.

But at this point, year 10, Guy 1 is way waaaay ahead of Guy 2. He has made another $190k, and is over $180k ahead of Guy 2.

That's business.

It pays to build your wealth with other people's money.

Last edited:
   / Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #14  
Lets say the 1 st guy gets hurt or business slows to a halt.. Now he can't make those payments.. He goes bankrupted and loses it all
Guy 2 saved his money and started out with used truck paid cash,. Guy 2 gets hurt or business slows to a crawl. He loses nothing Because all his stuff is paid for !

Credit invites risk ! There's a law,,,,Murphy"s law.. What good does it do for me to wright off some interest when I stand to lose everything ?? No thanks !

I have been in business some 30 yrs no credit..
I'm 57 , I owe nothing... I can close this thing down tomorrow ,and live well the rest of my life with what I have saved in interest cost and buying new..

Building wealth with other's $$ is a risk I'd rather not take.. Cancer, broken leg, broken, back, etc etc, Credit = risk of losing it all, if it all doesn't go well !

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #15  
Lets say the 1 st guy gets hurt or business slows to a halt.. Now he can't make those payments.. He goes bankrupted and loses it all
Guy 2 saved his money and started out with used truck paid cash,. Guy 2 gets hurt or business slows to a crawl. He loses nothing Because all his stuff is paid for !

Credit invites risk ! There's a law,,,,Murphy"s law.. What good does it do for me to wright off some interest when I stand to lose everything ?? No thanks !

I have been in business some 30 yrs no credit..
I'm 57 , I owe nothing... I can close this thing down tomorrow ,and live well the rest of my life with what I have saved in interest cost and buying new..

Building wealth with other's $$ is a risk I'd rather not take.. Cancer, broken leg, broken, back, etc etc, Credit = risk of losing it all, if it all doesn't go well !
Guy 1 could've just as easily bought a used truck and financed it. The new truck thing was just an example for simplicity. Going into business at all invites risk. There's an old saying, "you have to spend money to make money." In both scenarios, you are spending the same money. The only difference is that one guy paid $5000 more (interest) but came out $190,000 ahead of the other guy. In 5 years, Guy 1 is substantially more wealthy than Guy 2.

again, all of those numbers are made up for demonstration purposes in this scenario.

And of course, this whole discussion might not even apply, the author never responded to say if this was for personal or business reasons.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #16  
Your best bet would be with your local bank or credit union. They know you and that can help a lot. The big national finance companies see you more as just a number.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #17  
I'd talk to the finance departments at the big tractor companies. You might not get a good interest rate in the short term, but getting a machine that can make you money to make it's payments is better than sitting on your thumb not working and getting nowhere.

If I didn't have business credit, I wouldn't have an income. Any income.

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #18  
Guy 1 could've just as easily bought a used truck and financed it. The new truck thing was just an example for simplicity. Going into business at all invites risk. There's an old saying, "you have to spend money to make money." In both scenarios, you are spending the same money. The only difference is that one guy paid $5000 more (interest) but came out $190,000 ahead of the other guy. In 5 years, Guy 1 is substantially more wealthy than Guy 2.

again, all of those numbers are made up for demonstration purposes in this scenario.

And of course, this whole discussion might not even apply, the author never responded to say if this was for personal or business reasons.

A lot of guys I knew in the HVAC Plumbing business thought as you.. They went bust with the housing market.. Builders went bankrupt on the banks,, builders went bankrupt on the contractors, contractors went bankrupt on supply houses, etc,etc,.. the only contractor that survived are the ones that were debt free or lived within their means, and saved for the worst...
All it takes is for someone that has debt to do is become ill for a period of thin and can't make those payments

It's all about the risk
More lose than win at the roulette wheel ! Some win at Russian Roulette too.. Doesn't mean I want to play the odds at either ! Depends on how much risk one is willing to take..
I've made mine with little to no risk.. Survival of the fittest

The guy is going to do what he's going to do.. But your theory works well on paper.It just doesn't account for risk... (Until something happens)..
As the saying goes:: A person convinced against their will, is of the same opinion still

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #19  
No risk, no reward either. Some people should be someone else's slave and punch a clock, the rest of us need employees too. :D

/ Tractor Financing for bad credit????? #20  
No risk, no reward either. Some people should be someone else's slave and punch a clock, the rest of us need employees too. :D

I have had very little to no risk... Believe me.. I have been rewarded .. I could quit today, and be a ok;)
Hey, some believe as you , and that's ok.. I have never had to worry about what if