Tractor gun, what do you guys think?

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #181  
I'm curious. Why do you feel the need to have a Round chambered?

Because that is how a gun is intended to be carried. If you need it in a hurry and in distress, you don't need to be fiddling around with trying to put a round in the chamber. :rolleyes:

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #182  

I can tell you my thoughts on this. When you need your gun you need your gun. You may not know you need it until you are on your back with someone on top if you. If takes time to draw your gun and rack a round in the chamber. More than that if you do not trust yourself to carry with a round in the chamber then you probably do not have the experience and familiarity to safely carry your gun. I feel that it takes lots of practice with the gun and holster system that you choose to carry. People that go buy a gun and a box or 2 of ammo. Then go out and shoot a magazine or 2 then strap it on or put it in the drawer and call themselves good. This is not good for them or others. We have a responsibility to be safe and knowledgable gun owners and armed citizens.
I know all of my family are safe and responsible gun owners and cons raked carriers. People usually have no idea that we are carrying, we take formal training and have for years. We practice regularly and sometimes compete just for fun and practice. Every gun is always loaded all the time in our home.

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #183  
image-82351862.jpg

The first snake in our yard and the second in my Mama's yard. Don't kill these, they eat rats and mice.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Attachments

• image-3307837876.jpg
    image-3307837876.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 79
   / Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #184  

With a semi-automatic, it takes a bit of time to draw...and, if there isn't a round in the chamber, another bit of time to chamber a round.
Now, this time is one or two seconds, depending on the reflexes and dexterity of the carrier. Those seconds are enough to get someone killed.
So, when I carry a semi-auto (Glock 19 in my case), there is a round in the chamber ready to rock and roll.
That said, when I'm carrying at home (inside or out), I normally carry a revolver with the cylinder charged completely (all 5 to 7 rounds, depending on the gun).