Tractor gun, what do you guys think?

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #1  

Slacker

Gold Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 TLB
.410 3" or 45 LC. Looks like it's no fun to shoot. Would be handy to dispatch rats and snakes off the tractor when bush hogging.

410.jpg

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #2  
I have a Thompson Contender with a .410/45LC barrel. It has a choke so is a bit more efficient from a tractor seat on long shots. They are really not to bad to shoot.

Mine is used for gophers when plowing or discing.

In addition, the T/C is legal. Not sure about what you have pictured. It looks like it might be a sawed-off double barrel shotgun fitted with a pistol handle but without a trigger guard. Be careful.

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #3  
Taurus makes "The Judge" which is a revolver chambered for the .410 and .45 LC, much handier. I don't shoot snakes myself unless it is a rattler in my yard, but sure would shoot rats. I usually just drop a .38 in my pocket when I think about it.

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #4  
Let me see if I have this about right.Government says I can,t posses a shot gun I sawed off,BUT I can use one made by a company that probably paid off a politician to make his sawed off shot gun okie dokie.We,re takin it in the bloomers folks.:confused2:Dave

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #5  
There is also a cheaper derringer line that makes double barrel .410 and those longer dbl .410's . Bond arms also makes .410's i think over under, but not sure. Thats not a bond arms as there fit and finish seem better than that. I think that is one of those cheaper derringers every dealer sells at gun shows for like $160 ish . Cant think of the name off the top of my head but come in a plain white box with writing cheap plastic handle and the trigger is just laminated or a single piece of 3/16 steel.

-Nate

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #6  
I love my regular single-shot .410 I can pick off snakes at a reasonable distance, but it is a little cumbersome to carry around. My neighbor has "The Judge" but I think it's only effective at a real close range - which is too close for me :)

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #7  
I love my regular single-shot .410 I can pick off snakes at a reasonable distance, but it is a little cumbersome to carry around. My neighbor has "The Judge" but I think it's only effective at a real close range - which is too close for me :)

If they aren't close, I don't worry about them:laughing:

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #8  
Mine is a Cobray, I think.
I suggest saving your money and using it on something better.

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #9  
Where/how do you guys carry when on the tractor?

I plan to carry my .45 auto (Kimber Ultra Carry II in stainless, 3" barrel:licking::thumbsup::D) for rattlesnakes (lots em where we live) and ratus fatus maximi.

Is there a preferred method in terms of safety - holstered on your body, or holstered/stowed on the tractor? I am a practiced shooter and can draw, rack, and aim very quickly.

Big Al

/ Tractor gun, what do you guys think? #10  
Big Al,
Ah, Great Selection, the Kimber .45 Ultra Carry, real accurate shooting carry .45. Only limitations on this .45 are the shooters. I carry one most of the time, not on the tractor mind you but just in case some of those BIG RATS try and steal or rob from me.
DevilDog