Tractor has another fuel problem

/ Tractor has another fuel problem
Yes I think it's another issue ! It's cranking but not turning over.

No I haven't checked as I haven't gotten that far. Husband had major surgery so I just haven't had the time. I have a friend that is a diesel mechanic I guess going to call him. This is getting past my knowledge which isn't much! 😒

/ Tractor has another fuel problem #23  
Sounds like you need to get copy of the electrical schematic and use a meter or test light to ensure you are getting the proper voltage through your starting circuit.

Maybe as I have checked some for a different problem.

/ Tractor has another fuel problem #25  
Yes I think it's another issue ! It's cranking but not turning over.
What's "cranking but not turning over" mean?
Cranking; the operation of the starting turning the engine. Is the same as the engine turning over.

Diesels are fairly simple. They need compression, fuel and air. Find what one you dont have. For fuel start at the injectors and crack a line loose when cranking. If you have no fuel there move back into the system.

/ Tractor has another fuel problem #26  
   / Tractor has another fuel problem #27  
Maybe as I have checked some for a different problem.
TractorData says yours is a diesel. There is no fuel bowl, per se. The fuel path will be tank->filter->injector pump. Some, maybe most diesels, have an electric pump that helps move fuel to the injector pump.

If your observation is that fuel is present in your filter, then you still have not assured that fuel is getting to the injector pump. For instance if you have a plugged tank inlet, then the injector pump is trying to create vacuum in the line. It will not suck your filter dry. Same lack of fuel happens if there is a break/leak/hole/crack in that fuel line, for now the injector pump is sucking air instead of fuel. Even the smallest amount of air will stop an injector pump from pumping.

As @nyone recommends, crack (loosen) one of the injectors at the engine head then crank. I expect no fuel in your situation. Next, if you have an electric fuel pump, ensure that the pump is delivering to the inlet of the injector pump. While you are at it, ensure that the fuel filter has not accumulated water - drain it of water if there is some. One more thing I don't think I read, is to ensure your fuel filter is not restricting fuel. Your conditions may dictate replacement.

I have had to replace a bad electric pump and replaced fuel hoses that were cracked and allowing air into the line. On one tractor, I even found fuel tank trash that had accumulated at a 90 degree fitting leading into the fuel filter - so make sure all lines are clear.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Tractor has another fuel problem #28  
Maybe you introduced an air bubble into the fuel line while you were doing your things and had the line disconnected. Go through the whole manual diesel fuel system de-airing procedure to make sure.

/ Tractor has another fuel problem #29  
Your New Holland should have a bleeder valve where the fuel enters the diesel pump. It is on the pump itself, after the filter, bowl and shut off valve. Loosen the bleeder valve (12 or 13mm), and wait for fuel to flow out of the top of the pump. If you have fuel, tighten the valve. You now know you have fuel at the pump, and can eliminate everything in front of the pump. If no fuel, your problem is in the tank, line, or filter assemblies. If you have fuel at the diesel pump, Loosen the fuel lines heading to the injectors one at a time while cranking the starter. (you may need assistance if your safety equipment is still in place on the tractor, seat switch, clutch switch, brake switch, etc). You should see fuel pumping from the top of the diesel pump from each line, as you loosen them. Make sure to re tighten those lines, and only check one at a time. If you have fuel in front of the pump, but not going to the fuel injectors, you probably have a diesel pump failure. My New Holland is a couple generations older than yours, but the pump is mechanical, not electric, so no fuel equal no pump.
Best of luck.

/ Tractor has another fuel problem #30  
I posted awhile back about a TZ25DA New Holland no fuel coming out of the fuel tank and I thought the problem was solved after blowing air back through a fuel line to the reserve tank which had a clog but after using the tractor one time before I was done the tractor just turned off as if I had turned the key. So I checked to see if fuel was getting to the fuel bowl and it is but when I turn the key all it does is crank and won't turn over. I am lost as to the problem.
I have heard of drivers putting things like sandwich baggies into the fuel tanks of trucks(bad things happen when the paycheque isn't what its supposed to be) ....they kind of float around and then when they get close to the pick up they get sucked into the pickup they block it
Another thought/cheap and maybe easy fix is change all the fuel lines as they may be separating and collapsing on the inside with nothing visible from the outside. I have seen that happen on skidders back in the day
Good luck