Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise??

Doc G

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3200
My opinion is switch to a full synthetic oil, like Triax UTTO Supreme. This will probably eliminate any viscosity problems in cold weather and resist aeration of the fluid. I am also a fan of putting bigger filters on with similar or better specs if you can find one.
Zombie thread alert.

HOWEVER, if ChuluTrac hadn't posted, I wouldn't have ever read this thread and learned that (at last sometimes) hyd filters can cause a whining noise. Another TBN factoid gem.

Industrial Toys

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota R510 Wheel Loader + Cab and backhoe, JD 6200 Open Station, Cushman 6150, 4x4, ten foot 56 hp Kubota diesel hydraulic wing mower, Steiner 430 Diesel Max, Kawasaki Diesel Mule, JD 4x2 Electric Gator
Curious where you found the micron filtration levels of the NAPA filters. I mean, that kind of matters. Aside from them just screwing on.

And generally speaking OEMS won't disclose what filter specs they used for obvious reasons.

daman1

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1723E TLB
Curious where you found the micron filtration levels of the NAPA filters. I mean, that kind of matters. Aside from them just screwing on.

And generally speaking OEMS won't disclose what filter specs they used for obvious reasons.
Wix makes Napa filters check wix website for the equivalent Napa filter usually only one number difference, it'll show you the filtering specs.

A hydraulic filter will never restrict fluid flow as there's always a built-in pressure bypass if there is a restriction the bypass will open and allow unfiltered fluid through the filter