Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise??

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise??
Maybe the Napa filter is a finer micron filter than the Bota filter and causing some cavitation problems when cold?

This would be my guess if I had to guess, but in my interest of wanting to learn and know, I dont like guessing.

The noise in the pump sounded like if gears were hitting dry, or if a bearing was going out and was spinning at high revolutions. Hard to explain. But it must have been the filter as I say, no noise with the kubota filters back on.

Seems like others would have had this issue and reported it to napa. My local store is sending the hyd filtr in for testing and I will know those results near end of decembr, but since 2 different napa filters (same filter number) made the pump make noise, I am feeling napa wont find that it was a bad filter, so I will still be left with questions. I guess I will see.

I will chime back in when I get those results from napa.

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #22  
I'd say Murph is on track. Different filter specs.

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #23  
Reread post 12

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #24  
Reread post 12

I did, several times, still say different filter specs. I can't think of any other reason for the problem as described.

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #25  
I have went thru the same thing on 3 different tractors. I'm a slow learner.

Reread post 12

Ok. Different micron filtering ratings. So a filter with 21 micron rating will restrict flow a bit more then filter with 27 micron rating? Now, was that causing harm to the pump?

I have went thru the same thing on 3 different tractors. I'm a slow learner.

So you might be telling me that it would be best to just stick with kubota filters? I to could be a slow learner with this one.:eek: What about using napa engine oil filters?

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #29  
the finer filter from wix cant pass cold oil as fast as the coarser Kubota. filter is on suction side in most cases. so yes the out flow is not going to match in. so pump will be almost dry until the oil is warmed and thined

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #30  
My opinion is switch to a full synthetic oil, like Triax UTTO Supreme. This will probably eliminate any viscosity problems in cold weather and resist aeration of the fluid. I am also a fan of putting bigger filters on with similar or better specs if you can find one.