Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise??

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise??
Your thinking to much about this... Cooler weather will do this. Let your tractor warm up a bit before you start using it during the winter

:eek: You are probable exactly right. I do over think ALOT. :laughing: It is just I never remember hearing this noise before and I have gone through 6 winters and 6 hydraulic oil changes with this tractor. What a coincidence it would be if the pump started going bad at the same time I did the oil change, but that seems to be my luck.:confused3:

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #12  
Let me give you what I found. The napa filter I have ran into the same thing. By the info it should be just fine. The gpm flow is 7-9 and is 21 micron. Now if you cross over to a donaldson filter it is 27 micron and I don't recall the flow rate, but was a little higher. I can't find what the kubota filter micron is or the flow rate.

I can't seem to find much info on ANY Kubota maintenance products. Must be a BIG SECRET.:laughing:

Thanks for the support with the filter info. I ran the tractor for about 4 hours today and it ran as good as I ever remember except for that noise at start up. After running for a while it did seem to run even smoother, both hst and hydraulics. Did about everything with it today, from pulling trailer on logging roads/hills to highway transport in high gear. My concern is since I use mine so much, this noise problem (if it is a problem :confused3:) won't show up right away, it will just keep damaging the hyd system slowly and it will fail sooner then it should have. I figured I saved around $300 dollars on a years supply of filters compared to buying Kubota filters by buying NAPA during their fall 40-60% off sale. Every penny adds up, but I don't want to step over a dollar to pick up a dime.:confused2:

As for now I am leaving the NAPA filters on and will just wait and see. Might stick with Kubota filters on my other tractor (B3200) for another year just to see if the NAPA filters do cause issues with the B7800. Don't want both tractors to suffer the same bad fate at once if that is what is in my future.:confused3:

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #14  
Don't yell at me but check your fluid level again.

Don't yell at me but check your fluid level again.

I wont yell.:) checked and it is full.

I have since changed the napa filters to kubota filters (both hst and hyd) and the whining noise is gone. So it must have been the napa filter.

Even on a 50*F day that hyd pump made that whine noise at start up, so that made my mind up to go back to the kubota filters.

Question is why did the napa filter cause the pump to whine? It was cross referenced correctly. Checked that 20 times now.

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #16  
I would bet it's just cool hydraulic fluid flowing past the relief valve. When a function is selected, oil flows though that circuit instead of past the relief then when the function stalls, the relief should bypass again. Normal closed center system operation.

You nailed it. And you didn't even get a nod. :)

You nailed it. And you didn't even get a nod. :)

Ok. But, quote states normal for closed center system operation of the c hydraulics, the tractor info on my tractor says it has open center hydraulics. Are we talking about the same thing? The noise is comming right from the hyd pump on side of engine, is there a relief valve located here?

And there is never any noise with the kubota filters back on, so what is the difference with the napa filter. Was the napa filter causing harm?

I am so confused now! :confused3:

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #18  
Could it be you simply had a bad filter?? I'll have a really hard time accepting that you can at any time screw on a NAPA filter and it will whine, screw on a Kubota filter and it won't.... I don't buy Kubota filters. I buy WIX filters. But hey, everyone's situation is different.

/ Tractor hydraulic pump whine noise?? #19  
Could it be you simply had a bad filter?? I'll have a really hard time accepting that you can at any time screw on a NAPA filter and it will whine, screw on a Kubota filter and it won't.... I don't buy Kubota filters. I buy WIX filters. But hey, everyone's situation is different.

Maybe the Napa filter is a finer micron filter than the Bota filter and causing some cavitation problems when cold?

Thought so too, so I put on another napa filter (I bought 2) and still the same noise. Actually the hyd filter was a wix. Wix makes napa and I guess napa didnt have the hyd filter in napa colors, so I got wix in a napa gold box lable. And yes the wix to napa to kubota all cross referenced correctly.

I really wanted these napa filters to work, so I am a little bummed about this, but yes tractor made noise wih napa filter on and 30 minutes later after putting kubota filters back on, there is no noise. After running for days now, still no noise. Tractor even seems to run little smoother too, in all hyd categories, steering, hst, and loader. Didnt notice it untill I had the kubota filters back on.

I dont get it as I have seen napa or wix filters on so many pieces of equipment, and they have no problems. Why is kubota tractors so fussy?