Tractor ID help

/ Tractor ID help #1  

tlwalton

Tractor
International
IMG_7529.jpg
IMG_7528.jpg
IMG_7527.jpg

Got this from a neighbor today. Data plate is rubbed smooth but is still stamped 1675J. I know it an International and the grill says industrial. It’s a gas 4 cylinder.

/ Tractor ID help #2  
It appears to be an IH 2404. TractorData.com International Harvester 244 industrial tractor information

Back before Cae/IH removed a lot of parts, and their respective numbers from their online parts catalog, it was quite possible to get cast in part numbers from various pieces on the tractor, suck as axle housings, transmission, and differential case's, etc. Then go to that tractors online parts catalog :International industrial tractor | Case IH | MyCNHi US Store and compare those part numbers. Although no part numbers are listed, you might look through theparts catalog for similarities. There is a little block that appears, and asks "Part # not listed?". Opening that, a message pops up saying " MyCNHi Store currently lists active parts. We are working on an enhancement to also show retired parts that are no longer available. This enhancement will be available mid-December 2020.

I suggested more than several times to them, to put the part numbers back, and simply add N/A, in the parts description.Whether they follow this advise is yet to be seen...

But, hope is not lost, there have been enough complaints from owners, me being one, that they say they are going to put it back as it was. The letter I received back from them said it would be completed sometime in Dec. I'm not holding my breath.

Personally, I've resorted to buying hard copy parts catalogs for a few of my older tractors, OEM if possible, as some reprints have something to be desired in the scan/print quality.

I checked TractorData for the 2404. It has specs. a few pictures, etc. but no serial numbers listed. TractorData.com International Harvester 244 industrial tractor information For what it's worth, I used Google to do a 2404 serial number search and found this page: International 244 Industrial - Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki - The classic vehicle and machinery wiki Scroll down to the bottom of the page, to see serial numbers. If it is in fact a 2404 yours is #630 to roll off the assembly line in 1962, the first year built.