Tractor, implement encyclopedia on TBN??

/ Tractor, implement encyclopedia on TBN?? #1  

slydog

Gold Member
Southaven, Ms now, Greers Ferry Ark later
Tractor
1955 Ford 640
Ibrahim,
I have a question, or perhaps a suggestion for a new section on TBN. I realize there are probably a gazillion different tractors and models out there. But an online encyclopedia, so to speak would be a great resource.

When I am reading some posts and some one states "I'm pulling it with my JD87112x14", it'd be nice to be able to look that sucker up and see what it looks like, or what it does compared to other models. It wouldn't have to be redundant. You could group similar models together. Or just make an alphabetical listing where you could upload a picture of a model that hasn't already been uploaded perhaps? Does that make sense?

Also, just a photo section of implements would be good to have, so when someone is talking about a "double jointed, 4 bottom, whirlygig, soil buster" a picture page library of implements would be a nice addition/resource. I realize I can go searching through peoples profiles, and photo sections and sometimes find these, but an online encylopedia would be a great addition to TBN I think. Just some thoughts...

/ Tractor, implement encyclopedia on TBN?? #2  
We'd really like to do this... in fact we will in time. There are just some issues like programming the whole thing and then data collection. It takes time and planning, but it's on the list for sure.

If you or anybody else has specific suggestions, feel free to post them here and we'll keep them in mind when the time comes.

/ Tractor, implement encyclopedia on TBN?? #3  
Have you checked out the new "Photo" section here? There's a place for implement photos, but there's not a lot of pictures yet. Maybe if you start a thread encouraging members to post pics and a description of their implements, how they are used, etc. would help get more posts there. I'm not sure how much space is available for text when posting there, as I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I'll look at it later today since its raining cats and dogs here.

/ Tractor, implement encyclopedia on TBN??
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have you checked out the new "Photo" section here? There's a place for implement photos, but there's not a lot of pictures yet. )</font>

I was just doing that. I've searched in it before, and do occasionally find what I was looking for. Think I will put up a post in the equipment section asking for pics.