Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #31  
I have a rider on my homeowners insurance for my tractor and my trailer, both are VERY inexpensive, it costs almost nothing. I have Safeco for what that's worth.

/ Tractor Insurance #32  
Some people get inland marine policies, but those are specifically for transportation of the tractor and may not cover damage caused by nature. Read the fine print on your policy.

Most other policies are business policies since traditionally tractors are used for making a living. In our case, we have an LLC that we use for anything related to our property (except the house and personal vehicles). Even though we will likely never make much, if any, money in our business. It is easier than making a non-profit corporation. A quick internet search found this. Not an endorsement of this brand, just an example of what is out there.

This is great information. Dealing with tractor insurance is a good reason to have an insurance agent you can trust. You might be able to get good deals on line, but an agent understands the fine print and, if you've got a history with the company, you can trust what you're told.

/ Tractor Insurance #34  
Try Farm Bureau, they cover most anything.
They cover it in a separate policy (in NC). Your homeowners does not cover a tractor.
You put a replacement value on it and they give you a yearly cost.

/ Tractor Insurance #35  
I have a rider on my homeowners insurance for my tractor and my trailer, both are VERY inexpensive, it costs almost nothing. I have Safeco for what that's worth.

That's what we have, a rider on our homeowners. Reasonable price. Nothing special. Only covers on the property.

/ Tractor Insurance #36  
My Home Owners though Progressive claims they cover the tractor.
The part mentioned about having a limit on individual items is interesting, but I do not see any mention of that in my policy.

/ Tractor Insurance #37  
Hey guys, I have a 7 year old Kubota B Series with a Curtis Can. I know it's covered under my Homeowners ins if Stolen from my property or if I have a garage fire ect. But what about Insurance coverage for an accident such as a tree landing on the cab or hood? It never leaves my property but I was wondering what's available as far as insurance. KTAC doesn't insure tractors that are paid of so I've already tried that
Are you sure that your Homeowners Ins. covers your tractor ? Most insurance companies think when you tell them that you have a tractor they think lawn mower tractor. Make sure that they know what kind of tractor you have.

/ Tractor Insurance #38  
That's strange about KATC. I was able to continue coverage (had it while the machine was financed) after I paid it off. They haven't mentioned that there could be a time limit and I'm paying the same as before, but in one year installments instead of monthly. Maybe they won't offer a new policy after a certain amount of time has past after the original coverage?

You should try getting quotes from the smaller online companies too. Try Next insurance. Get Progressive a shot too, though they will want to sign you up for everything.

/ Tractor Insurance #39  
Try Farm Bureau, they cover most anything.
I have KY Farm Bureau for my home and autos. When I bought my farm down the road a couple years ago I went in to my local office to add a policy. They had me list everything I wanted covered (along with serial numbers) and the value I wanted each item insured for.

In the end I pay under $400 for the coverage I wanted on each piece of equipment, including my side-by-side, as well as a $1 million umbrella liability policy. This covers everything on or off the property, and has a $500 deductible that works just like auto insurance.

/ Tractor Insurance #40  
I still have a commercial policy for my truck, although I haven't been self employed in 18 years. My tractor is on the same policy, with the same 500,000k liability. If I am out in the road and somebody runs into me, I want to be covered.