Tractor lost all electrical power

/ Tractor lost all electrical power #1  

RidgeTopWVA

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4400
Hello I am new here and I looked at this forum and I never seen so much information so I thought I would join and ask my first question
I have a John Deere 4400 and the other day I lost all electrical power to everything but the tractor kept running and I was able to get to the barn and I turned the switch off and now it will do nothing , it is as dead as if the battery was not even in the tractor but I do have power to the starter but the key will not engage the starter it wont do a thing. I cleaned the battery posts etc and the battery is a little over a year old. I checked the fuse panel and I do not have electrical power to the fuse box. The hot wire coming off of the starter and going towards the dash etc does have power.
Does anyone have any thoughts to what might be wrong ?
Thank you

/ Tractor lost all electrical power #2  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

If memory serves me, there is a diode configuration between the battery and the fuse box. If no one here can provide you with a 4400 schematic I know, for a fact, that your local JD dealership's parts/service department will... for free.

Enjoy the site from wherever in the world you are.

Edit: I take it that WVA is West Virginia. :)

/ Tractor lost all electrical power #3  
Older thread that might be of some help (or not)…..

/ Tractor lost all electrical power
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

If memory serves me, there is a diode configuration between the battery and the fuse box. If no one here can provide you with a 4400 schematic I know, for a fact, that your local JD dealership's parts/service department will... for free.

Enjoy the site from wherever in the world you are.

Edit: I take it that WVA is West Virginia.
Hello greetings to you , yes you got the WVA right , life long resident of WVA I live about 3 miles from the Ohio River.
I found the culprit it was the hot wire from the starter a bad connection .
Thanks for the suggestions/advice from everyone.