John Deere 3005 won't Start

/ John Deere 3005 won't Start #1  

Dead2Reality

Tractor
John Deere 3005
Hey all, new around here. I have done everything I know how to do so far and have now turned to the interwebs for help. I have a JD 3005 compact utility tractor that won't start and I don't want to blindly throw parts at it. I was running it just fine and turned it off to talk to someone and now it won't start again. The tractor has been parked next to the house for 2 weeks now and still won't start so it has had time to cool down. Also when trying to get it to start, clicking the key left to warm the glow plug results in all power being lost to the dashboard. When the key is turned 1 click to the right sometimes the dash will light up and other times it faintly lights up then lights up after about a minute of waiting. When the key is turned to the start position with the spring back mechanism, all power is lost on the dash and nothing happens. no noise no nothing. I have tested with a digital multimeter that the battery is sitting at about 13 volts. the voltage is the same as the battery at the starter. I replaced the starter and have checked all the fuses in the fuse box and still have the same problem. I have also bypassed the seat safety switch in order to rule that out as a problem and also today tried wiggling the shifter and PTO and still no luck. Questions, comments or solutions are more than welcome and thanks in advance.

/ John Deere 3005 won't Start #2  
Maybe check any ground wires, including the battery ground cable to make sure they are all tight and clean.

/ John Deere 3005 won't Start #3  
What is the battery voltage when you try to activate the starter? A bad battery can read proper voltage until a load is placed on it. After that check I'd clean and tighten connections at the battery as seville suggested. Don't forget to trace the ground wire to the frame so you can clean and tighten there.