Tractor quit and won't start

/ Tractor quit and won't start #31  
I'm not familiar with your tractor at all and don't know the level of electronics it has but I would say the starting issue and the shutting down issue could very well not be related. For me, I'm always concerned when a diesel tractor shuts down for no reason. That's usually not good and it's a pretty good sign it's not gonna start back up. However i would think it would turn over. My recommendation is get it to the dealer unless you have a service manual and a good knowledge of working on tractors.
Only one I had shut down on me, a Ford 3000. Reason it ran out of fuel was because the strainer in the tank clogged completely.

/ Tractor quit and won't start #32  
I also have MT225S yes it hates cold weather. Noted on this board if you cycle glow plugs it will start better. I am in agreement but it still puffs a lot raw diesel for 30-40 seconds until motor is running smoothly in cold weather. Check your safety switches they can prevent motor from turning over. The MT225S is drive by wire throttle. Checking fuses and grounds is also wise suggestion. I have over 250 hours on my tractor it has been used primarily as yard mower with attached MMM. Only complaint I have is the plastic wheels on the MMM. Poor design on all four wheels. I have re-engineered the wheels adding swivel bearings and oil lite bronze bushing. The MMM does fantastic job mowing no disappointments running gear was poor design, cheaply designed.
A little side note: I use lawn mowers for my lawn. Do use a 3 pt rotary mower sometimes for field mowing. 3 reasons I don't have an MMM is 1. They limit ground height; 2. They are in the way, always underfoot; 3. They are a ***** to keep the deck clean in the spring when grass first comes out.

Actually I use the FEL on my 25s to lift my ZTs off the ground so that I can pressure wash the clippings off their decks. Real handy for that and you can move around anywhere and do the cleanout without making a huge mess in one spot.

/ Tractor quit and won't start
Update: Trailered the tractor to the dealer. They are going to look at the oil leak and inspect the harnesses for damage. I'm not confident the dealer's service is going to be thorough or effective. This dealership is not primarily in the business of selling tractors. I knew that going in, but I also had conversations with the technicians and felt confident. After my interaction with the service manager, not so much now.

We will see what happens when I get the tractor back. I used it a fair amount last weekend and had no issues with stalling or fuses. It's a really useful tool and I am not regretting my purchase. LS makes a quality tractor. I think the dealer prep and support is my trouble here.

/ Tractor quit and won't start #34  
Update: Trailered the tractor to the dealer. They are going to look at the oil leak and inspect the harnesses for damage. I'm not confident the dealer's service is going to be thorough or effective. This dealership is not primarily in the business of selling tractors. I knew that going in, but I also had conversations with the technicians and felt confident. After my interaction with the service manager, not so much now.

We will see what happens when I get the tractor back. I used it a fair amount last weekend and had no issues with stalling or fuses. It's a really useful tool and I am not regretting my purchase. LS makes a quality tractor. I think the dealer prep and support is my trouble here.
I am really impressed with mine to the point that I took a $7k beating over retail on the purchase in the trade in. But the money is gone, the tractor is here and that is what matters. It does what it does!

/ Tractor quit and won't start #35  
A little side note: I use lawn mowers for my lawn. Do use a 3 pt rotary mower sometimes for field mowing. 3 reasons I don't have an MMM is 1. They limit ground height; 2. They are in the way, always underfoot; 3. They are a ***** to keep the deck clean in the spring when grass first comes out.

Actually I use the FEL on my 25s to lift my ZTs off the ground so that I can pressure wash the clippings off their decks. Real handy for that and you can move around anywhere and do the cleanout without making a huge mess in one spot.
Sorry for being off topic

How exactly are you using your FEL to clean the deck of your Zero Turn mower ? I run the front wheels of my Zero Turn up onto some 40+ year old steel car ramps and clean the bottom using a hand held scraper, yes it’s a miserable job ! For the top of the deck I use a leaf blower which takes about 2 minutes and works excellent.

Last edited:
Update: Looks like everything is squared away. I picked up the tractor last Thursday. Two hoses, one hydraulic and one radiator, were both leaking. Service ran the tractor for a half hour without leaks. I ran it at home for an hour and no leaks, so it looks like we're good. Service handled the repairs quickly and pleasantly.

Now I get to work.

Oh... And I got a new trailer! My single axle was right there on the edge of safe with the LS (FEL and backhoe removed). So I got a 7'x16', dual axle utility trailer with a 7k lb capacity.