Tractor radio?

/ Tractor radio? #11  
:drink:
No offense intended to any particular person.

But if you ain't capable of 'multitasking'...........forget the radio and drive.

I drive for a living, and I see too many people on a daily basis that are 'downright dangerous' with the slightest distraction.......whether it be radio, phone............or a fly on the windshield.

I personally (when operating machinery) want to 'hear' what is happening. Sounds can tell a person a lot.
:drink:

Just what I wanted to say. but you said it better. If someone can't live without, toon's or what ever, hire someone to do the job.

/ Tractor radio?
   / Tractor radio?
SC:

Thanks on the tractor mods; but I'm ashamed to say that my shop is utter crap, and I'm embarrassed to share pictures of it.

MJCAD,

If you think your shop is crap "you ain't seen nothing yet" till you have a look at mine, remember, it could always get worse :laughing:

scnebraska

/ Tractor radio?
Here's a couple of shots of the Sony I installed on my tractor. Sound quality is great, can't hardly hear the tractor at all. Notice how "clean" the installation is, no problem with the headliner. Hard to tell it's even there. I found I didn't need the weather radio option. Really works great, the output connector works fine with my Blackberry! State of the art (In 1984). :D Mark

Briar Hill Brittanys,

OK, it's crystal clear why you have no need for the WX band and I can see how it would be beneficial to be able to connect your Blackberry but I don't have one. Coverage is too spotty out here. :confused:

scnebraska

/ Tractor radio? #17  
A stereo or radio with speakers is so old school. Just go down and get some headphones at your construction store and get the ones that let you plug in an MP3 and be done with it. Combined with my super quiet John Deere and the new sound guard headphones I just as well be in church listening to the best of the best. These headphones at most cost 50$.

Hence with my new 4520 no radio or stereo in tractor. Not sure why this is still a topic. I can plug in my Droid if I want to and listen to my music till a call comes in.

So in my humble estimation. In tractor radio is dead.

/ Tractor radio? #18  
I totally agree...Your hearing is critical for many other reasons...Tony

/ Tractor radio? #19  
Not all of us like headphones. If a cabbed unit is quiet enough, I'd rather have a good old fashioned car stereo setup over headphones.

/ Tractor radio? #20  
I am with Don87 on this one. If you're gonna tractor, tractor... and if you want to listen to tones, have at it, but the first time something goes wrong and you can't hear it for the tunes, and the cost factor goes up several times over because you didn't hear the warning noises, the little squeeks or the pre-ignition of a too hot motor, etc... then you are going to wish you had left the radio at the shop.
David from jax