Security & Theft Tractor Security

/ Tractor Security #12  
Most thieves will know little of the operation of your tractor. Discourage them from a hot wire and drive off theft - engage the PTO lever. The tractor WILL NOT start with this lever engaged. Otherwise - out of sight/out of mind & have good insurance coverage.

/ Tractor Security #14  
Any ideas to keep neå¼¾r do wells away from machinery and vehicles in an offsite location?

I have an older pickup and a newer tractor that I don稚 want folks stealing or taking parts off. It痴 in a covered shed but easily accessible from the road.

I was thinking of parking the tractor in a way that would make it impossible to get the truck out but then someone could just boost the tractor and I知 back to square one.

In the not so distant future this isn稚 really an issue but right now the neighbors are seeing the town riff raff skulking around.

Low tech is preferable but if I have to go get one of those fancy wireless cameras then so be it.

Thanks in advance!
If the pickup is a an old gasser then park that to block the tractor and remove the rotor from the truck.

Put up some fake security cams monitored by real security cams. This may help determine extent of "skulking". (I put up a game camera and caught 1 cat (and myself) over the course of many months.)

Try and find a neighbor you can really trust and PAY them a few hours labor to maintain the property (mow the lawn or clear the driveway of leaves).

But most important is to keep valuables out of sight.

/ Tractor Security #15  
If the pickup is a an old gasser then park that to block the tractor and remove the rotor from the truck.

Put up some fake security cams monitored by real security cams. This may help determine extent of "skulking". (I put up a game camera and caught 1 cat (and myself) over the course of many months.)

Try and find a neighbor you can really trust and PAY them a few hours labor to maintain the property (mow the lawn or clear the driveway of leaves).

But most important is to keep valuables out of sight.

"But most important is to keep valuables out of sight"

I have a Morton building, and a wood frame storage barn.
I have no windows in either.
Can't see my stuff.

/ Tractor Security #16  

That might not work.
I bought my first car when I was 15. A '53 Chevy. My dad didn't like me driving it by myself so he snuck outside and removed the rotor when I wasn't looking. It took me about a minute to figure that out. I rode my bicycle to town, bought a rotor, and now we both had a rotor in our pocket.

/ Tractor Security
I went the high tech route and parked them under our security camera. Yes they are out in the weather but only for a couple weeks. Now I can literally check on them whenever I want and my phone vibrates when motion is detected.

I hope nobody tries anything but if they do it's pretty hard to not get noticed as there is only one way in or out to the property.