Tractor split - the Insides

/ Tractor split - the Insides
I'm wonder how to go about removing the throwout bearing from the hub?

tractor_split_56_small.jpg

The edges are very tight and I can barely get a pick in there. Do you think the bearing is pressed into the hole?

Thanks!

Should I use a penetrating liquid down in the cracks to see if it will loosen up? Overall, the bearing looks to be in good shape but I would like to replace it with a new one.

/ Tractor split - the Insides #33  
Usually needs to be pressed out from the other side.

I'm almost sure that they make that a press fit. So even you could get a pick behind, it wouldn't move.

Talked with my local machinist and he can press out the old throwout bearing and press in the new one when I get it.

Removed the black plug/seal. Turns out it is metal, not plastic. Was loose enough that when I touched it with a small flathead screwdriver, it slid back in its hole about an 1/8 of an inch. Put some duct tape on it and it pulled right out. Even though you can see someone applied some kind of sealant on the outside surface... it was very minimal and the seal is very loose in the hole. Needs a more substantial bead around the edge to make it seal oil.

Waiting to hear back from my dealer on parts.

/ Tractor split - the Insides #35  
Interesting that it is that loose in the hole, it looks like it has a retainer on the upper side,
I wonder if it should have one in the opposite side lower?
With it being loose I'm surprised it didn't have an o-ring on it.
Good Luck

Thanks for the ideas.

There are already threads in the opposite side lower hole. Looks like it was designed for two retainers but they only had one installed. Not sure the upper one was even touching the seal as the seal was able to move inward about an 1/8 " easily. I think with proper caulking, the seal will stay in place and actually seal.

I have a second retainer on order if I can get the parts moving. Wish I could order parts directly from TYM.

Thanks again.