Tractor vs. Bulldozer

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer
I moved some dirt today, with my tractor...
BUT, to get the finished job that I really want, I'll be using that dozer in the back ground...

SR

Wow! What's the story on moving that much dirt?

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer
I moved some dirt today, with my tractor...
BUT, to get the finished job that I really want, I'll be using that dozer in the back ground...

SR

Wow! What's the story on moving that much dirt?

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer #33  
I got a deal on the sand, and I'm building a pad in that spot...

SR

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer #34  
Shouldn't that be compacted in lifts?

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer #35  
Shouldn't that be compacted in lifts?

If you want it concrete ready than yes. If you’re going to just leave it and let it settle naturally than not really.

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer #37  
I assumed concrete when you said "pad".

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer
So, There's a TerraTrac GT30 a little ways away from me that's a LOADER crawler. This is not the actual machine, but it's like the one in this picture...

G-gnmLsJBbpcGx5MkjGc_H_KIi793dEnltrix4spa6_rIPYBz3HY4KfTemSHHmqX47vIt6Y5k8HF0quCmuLxAUedpWCwzCkNDQWGDAxqpZGK93P_XkgmIECwRSo8iWkD0nIi

Having considered the great advice on this thread I wonder if a loader crawler is the best of both worlds. I'd have the traction of the crawler, but the loader option to actually pick dirt up and move it.

Or is this the worst of both worlds??

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer #39  
So, There's a TerraTrac GT30 a little ways away from me that's a LOADER crawler. This is not the actual machine, but it's like the one in this picture...

G-gnmLsJBbpcGx5MkjGc_H_KIi793dEnltrix4spa6_rIPYBz3HY4KfTemSHHmqX47vIt6Y5k8HF0quCmuLxAUedpWCwzCkNDQWGDAxqpZGK93P_XkgmIECwRSo8iWkD0nIi

Having considered the great advice on this thread I wonder if a loader crawler is the best of both worlds. I'd have the traction of the crawler, but the loader option to actually pick dirt up and move it.

Or is this the worst of both worlds??

I think a crawler loader is more likely the best of both worlds. I'm always on the look out for one.

/ Tractor vs. Bulldozer #40  
In the same price you can get a worn out dozer you can pick up a wheeled or tracked skid steer and do more than a tractor inmost dirt moving situations.