Tractor Sizing TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #91  
Stability is about centre of gravity, not weight.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #92  
Stability is about centre of gravity, not weight.
What is gravity? What are you measuring when determining center of gravity?
It is distribution of weight, which is another criterion for tractor selection.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #93  
The Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939. Patents on the Three Point Hitch and TPH hydraulic controls expired in 1955. Since 1955 (66 years) all traditional compact tractors have been designed and produced around the Ferguson Three Point Hitch, worldwide.

The traditional tractor design is generic.
I have no clue were you are getting your information from, or what you are defining as "traditional compact tractors",
but thru the many different manufacture had many of there own hitch systems right through the early 70's.
Case with the Eagle hitch, Allis Chalmers with the snap coupler, and then the biggy which was far better then a 3 point could ever presume to be the the Farmall/IH fast hitch.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #94  
It’s surprising how much a 16 hp tractor with hydro can pull with a weighted bucket and downward force on the three point.

I see that you have mentioned down force on the 3pt hitch several times now. I'm assuming that you are talking about the weight of whatever implement is on the hitch rather than a downward force from the hitch itself.

As far as I know, there aren't any 3pt hitches made today that provide power down force. All the ones I've seen on compact tractors are power lift, but simply gravity down.

Several manufacturers years ago offered power down on their 3pt hitches, but it turned out that pushing down on the implement raised the rear tires....so it wasn't popular.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #95  
I see that you have mentioned down force on the 3pt hitch several times now. I'm assuming that you are talking about the weight of whatever implement is on the hitch rather than a downward force from the hitch itself.

As far as I know, there aren't any 3pt hitches made today that provide power down force. All the ones I've seen on compact tractors are power lift, but simply gravity down.

Several manufacturers years ago offered power down on their 3pt hitches, but it turned out that pushing down on the implement raised the rear tires....so it wasn't popular.

I’m talking about downward force from the load on the three point. With the loaded bucket and proper caution ( very slow speed, foot on clutch or hydro pedal, hand on three point control lever and very observant of the front wheels ) you can come up with a lot traction.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #96  
I’m talking about downward force from the load on the three point. With the loaded bucket and proper caution ( very slow speed, foot on clutch or hydro pedal, hand on three point control lever and very observant of the front wheels ) you can come up with a lot traction.

Why not just use rear wheel weights? Takes up less space, has similar down force on the rear tires, and doesn't tend to lighten the front end.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION
I have no clue were you are getting your information from, or what you are defining as "traditional compact tractors",
but thru the many different manufacture had many of there own hitch systems right through the early 70's.
Case with the Eagle hitch, Allis Chalmers with the snap coupler, and then the biggy which was far better then a 3 point could ever presume to be the the Farmall/IH fast hitch.

And who makes these wonderful tractors and wonderful attachment systems today?

Ferguson Three Point Hitch equipped tractors have 100% of the compact tractor market worldwide.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #98  
The Three Point Hitch tractor has been marketed in the USA since 1939. Patents on the Three Point Hitch and TPH hydraulic controls expired in 1955. Since 1955 (66 years) all traditional compact tractors have been designed and produced around the Ferguson Three Point Hitch, worldwide.

The bolded and underlined is what I questioned and is incorrect.

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #99  
The bolded and underlined is what I questioned and is incorrect.
Can you expand on that? Give some examples of "traditional compact tractors" that were not 3pt hitch? Just a few out of what must be dozens of very common examples. I am curious to learn more. :unsure:

/ TRACTOR WEIGHT as ONE (1) CRITERION in TRACTOR SELECTION #100  

Can you expand on that? Give some examples of "traditional compact tractors" that were not 3pt hitch? Just a few out of what must be dozens of very common examples. I am curious to learn more. :unsure:
As I said before;
what are you defining as "traditional compact tractors",
The many different manufacture had many of there own hitch systems right through the early 70's.
So of the many compact/ utility/ small tractors from 1955 thru the 1970's many did not have a 3 point system.
Unfortunately all the manufactures made them proprietary so no other manufacture used them.
As I said if IH/Farmall had allowed the open use of the Fast Hitch system I don't believe there would be any 3 point equipment to speak of around today. Any one that has used both systems would quite likely tell you the same.