Tractor Won't Start TYM T503

/ Tractor Won't Start TYM T503 #1  

Lumbee#NC

Tractor
TYM T503
Good Morning,
3 issues this morning that I need everyones help with for my 2015 TYM T503.
1. Driving tractor and fluid started leaking from the vents above the steering wheel in the cab.
a. determined that it was actually fluid from the coolant system circulating to bring hot water up to the heater.
b. it is not leaking from the hose connections but from inside of the actual heater unit itself.
c. I have connected the in and out hoses at the bottom right side of the cab (per the mechanics recommendations easiest place to do so) so that I could continue to use the tractor and maintain the flow of system coolant
d. has anyone taken the heater unit apart to see if it can be repaired? I am assuming that it is a leaking coil inside of the HVAC ASSY [Part #1427082410]

1657372649767.png

2. can hear it turning over but will not actually start.
Things I have done in the past three days since it would not start.
a. Cleaned Air filter.
b. Replaced oil and oil filter
c. Flushed and replaced coolant
d. Checked fuses in the cab under the steering wheel
e. Checked battery and even put a trickle charger on it overnight. Fully charged.
f. Checked intake fuel line from tank to fuel pump. Loosened fuel tank cap. Removed line from fuel pump and using air compressor nozzle, blew air back up the line to ensure that the line was not blocked. All clear.
g. Checked Start Relay. I exchanged the Glow Relay with the Start Relay (they are the same T4180-69951 Relay 70A DC12V OMRON) Still cranks but won't actually start. I also checked where the fuel pump wire connects to the power wire in the harness. I disconnected the fuel pump and them using voltage meter, checked to make sure that with the key turned on, that I was getting 12 volts (actually reads 11.6).
h. Checked Fuel Pump. left the ground wire connected to the tractor. Touched the power wire to the battery to see if it would work. Intermittent several pumps then stops. One or two pumps and then stops. I am looking to see where to order a replacement fuel pump.
i. I have not replaced the fuel filter. I will replace it as well.
Any other suggestions as to what might be the problem or do you think that I have the diagnosis?
I was asked if there are any safety switches installed in the tractor that could be keeping it from cranking? Anyone know if that is an issue on the T503?

3. While looking and checking everything regarding the tractor not starting, I noticed that above the battery, the Glow Fuse (50 Amp) was blown. I replaced with a new fuse and as soon as I turned the ignition key, the fuse is blown again. I noticed a grayish wire tangling on the right side underneath the tractor. See photo. Does anyone know what this wire is? Is this the reason the Glow Fuse is blown? Is this somehow related to the tractor not starting?

Attachments​

• 20220709_092238.jpg
    20220709_092238.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220709_092404.jpg

/ Tractor Won't Start TYM T503 #2  
To me, the wire seems not related to your problem. It might be the wire for a third function.

Once you say it's cranking, then you say it's not. What does it?

You may have at least one or more shorted out glow plugs. That's why it throws the fuse. Did you repeated glow plug cycling with your starting problem? The glow plugs don't like it. There is also a chance of a short somewhere else in the circuit.
If the fuel pump doesn't run, the tractor won't start.

/ Tractor Won't Start TYM T503 #3  
Don't know where the wire went but is looks like it used to have a connector on it. Perhaps it goes to something else that is now damaged. Or has a lonely connector and no wire. It may go to a safety switch/relay which doesn't allow the tractor to start. Diesels don't need electric to run--All they need is air, compression and fuel. All the electric stuff is add-ons for convenience and safety.

/ Tractor Won't Start TYM T503 #4  
Here is a perfect opportunity to use this strategy...instead of replacing the fuse and having it blow repeatedly, wire in a headlight bulb in series where the fuse was. A couple jumper wires and alligator clips can get this hooked up. The bulb will only pass about 5 amps on a dead short, so it is an "amp limiter", of sorts.
THEN turn on the key. Now go around and wiggle wires, unhook (and reattach) different components, like the alternator, starter solenoid, etc. The headlight will glow brightly when the short circuit is there, but will flicker, go dim or go out completely when you find the short and remove it. Do one component at a time and rehook each one before proceeding to the next one.

/ Tractor Won't Start TYM T503
thank you all. working on the wire issue.
Apparently the fuel pump went out and the result is that the tractor ran out of fuel.
replaced fuel pump. still tries to crank but not starting.
I let the air out of the fuel filter assembly.
I then went to the injector lines and loosed the 4th line at the rear position (to far left in photo). Air (bubbles and fuel came out). I did this with the other three lines. Even after 30 seconds, No air, no fuel coming out of 2 and 3. Finally a little fuel out of #1 (to the far right in the photo), the closest to the front of the tractor. Does this seem to be right?
Any suggestions.

Attachments

• 20220712_215717.jpg
    20220712_215717.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
   / Tractor Won't Start TYM T503
I was able to get the tractor to start. It will run for about 10 seconds and then it shuts down as if out of fuel.
I am sure that this has something to do with the fuel injector lines mentions above.
Thoughts.
Thanks from the wanna be gentleman farmer.