Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #11  
I'm ignorant (yes, female) about engines. I took off both sides. I can see what looks like the air intake. Call me stupid, but won't that overheat the engine? I saw what could be the solenoid but no a wire that could be removed.
Look on the injector pump. It's the device that has lines running to the top of the engine that carries the fuel. Is there a cable that runs to a lever. if there is, pull that lever back. there may also be a lever at the bottom of the fuel tank that shuts off the fuel.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #12  
I'm ignorant (yes, female) about engines. I took off both sides. I can see what looks like the air intake. Call me stupid, but won't that overheat the engine? I saw what could be the solenoid but no a wire that could be removed.

You aren‘t stupid, just inexperienced. A few TBN members aren’t very friendly or helpful.

Stupid is insulting someone without first understanding the situation.

Hey look at the bright side: They say Kubotas keep on running forever, so there’s your proof!
:)

Good luck with your repairs, it should be as simple as a solenoid replacement.

Last edited:
   / Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #13  
i had maintenance done on my tractor today and went to move it into the workshop and it won't turn off! I disconnected the battery and it is still running. What else can I try? Help!
Lock the brakes down, put it in the highest gear it has , let out on the clutch and stall it out.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!!
I actually tried that and the sound of the engine changed but it didn't stall. Sooooo.... my brother had the solution from diesel engines on boats. There is a cutoff switch! I can put up a picture if anyone wants. It's just a spring toggle in front of the solenoid. After running 4 hours - so easy.

Lock the brakes down, put it in the highest gear it has , let out on the clutch and stall it out.
Unfortunately, it is an automatic. My ex couldn't drive a stick for the life of him, so we couldn't get a manual. I kept trying to think how to make it stall like that but there wasn't anything.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #16  
Glad you got it resolved...

BTW agree with Hay Dude. There is a difference between stupid and ignorant. Stupid cannot be fixed.

Ignore those of us who can be judgmental at times. You will learn a lot about running a tractor safely on this site. I know because I have gone from almost totally ignorant to marginally ignorant. A tractor can kill or hurt you very quickly. Do a lot of reading.

One last piece of advice. If something feels unsafe, do not do it. Getting a job done is never that important.

Good luck!!

Glad you got it resolved...

BTW agree with Hay Dude. There is a difference between stupid and ignorant. Stupid cannot be fixed.

Ignore those of us who can be judgmental at times. You will learn a lot about running a tractor safely on this site. I know because I have gone from almost totally ignorant to marginally ignorant. A tractor can kill or hurt you very quickly. Do a lot of reading.

One last piece of advice. If something feels unsafe, do not do it. Getting a job done is never that important.

Good luck!!
I'm fine with being ignorant. I'm the first person to ask for help. I take care of my 10 acres myself. I used to change my own oil, change starters, etc. on my cars so I'm not totally ignorant. I wanted everyone to know here that no one actually knew there was a switch to stop the engine. So all of us fall into the category of always needing to learn more.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #18  
Typicaly diesel engines also have a fuel cut off at the fuel filter. You could also take a set of vise grips and pinch the rubber line from the tank. Technically it wouldnt suck air so shouldnt need to be re primed but you never know.

/ Tractor worked on by dealer today & won't turn off!!! #19  
Just for future reference. Might help you or may not. If you have a manual for the tractor, visit the maintenance section. The manual will show you where the air filter is located and how to clean or replace it. Periodic maintenance or cleaning is a regular process to keep the tractor running. Might need cleaning every 50 hours or more so if using the tractor for field work (dust). Also grease all the joints (zerks) shown in the manual about every 10 hours is common.

I think that is why some were Surprised (me also) when you could not find the air filter - and it is a common maintenance item for all of us. And I realize that you may be new at using or working on the tractor.

If you don't have a manual - Get One. Probably find someone here who also has that tractor and a manual. Or Online.

We all learn on this forum. Men have to learn and be safe, and so do women. There are many women here on TBN. Many of them leave good advice and ask great questions. I am glad they ( and you) are here on TBN. I am glad you got it shut off.

And about learning. I also did not think of starving the air supply. I have never had that situation to solve. My first reaction was to cut fuel. And your reaction to "Disconnect the battery" was PERFECTLY LOGICAL. If it were a gasoline engine, that would have worked (because is uses spark plugs to ignite the fuel via electricity. The compression of most gas engines is about 8 to 1 (not enough heat). The diesel engine compression is about 20 to 1, Hot enough to ignite fuel without the "spark".

Well, sorry to waste your time with a long post. I am glad you got it shut off and hope you can get the problem corrected soon. Best wishes, welcome to TBN.

Just for future reference. Might help you or may not. If you have a manual for the tractor, visit the maintenance section. The manual will show you where the air filter is located and how to clean or replace it. Periodic maintenance or cleaning is a regular process to keep the tractor running. Might need cleaning every 50 hours or more so if using the tractor for field work (dust). Also grease all the joints (zerks) shown in the manual about every 10 hours is common.

Well, sorry to waste your time with a long post. I am glad you got it shut off and hope you can get the problem corrected soon. Best wishes, welcome to TBN.
I appreciate your thoughts. Turns out on the Kubota there's a red knob right on the dash that's an engine cutoff! It would really help if I knew what everything was. Duh!