Buying Advice Tractors and LED's?

/ Tractors and LED's? #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
So what do you guys think? Is it time for manufacturers to start building tractors with LED's? Seems like it's the way industry is moving. They're pretty much standard now on all cars, trucks, and in our homes. Brighter, clearer light, less energy consumption, and longer life. What's not to like?

I paid over $7k fo my John Deere X590 lawn mower and it still has old school incandescent headlights and tail lights that aren't even lights, just reflectors. Lame. Time for tractors to have LED's I say.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
   / Tractors and LED's? #2  
I would have to agree with you.

/ Tractors and LED's? #3  
Yeah, I suspect it is a cost or quality issue. Even though LEDs are super super cheap......unless you get the quality ones....you know the quality ones that are worth putting under warranty and what not.

/ Tractors and LED's? #4  
I agree. I know some LED headlights come with fans built in to them. I wonder if that’s why they won’t put them in tractors yet with dust flying around everywhere? I installed a pair on my low beams and they are a lot brighter. I’ll order the high beams if they hold up to the dirty environment.

/ Tractors and LED's? #5  
I have a set I just installed on my grasshopper lawn mower with fans and another set on my little Bx with fans...the Grand L Cab work lights I installed some in the factory housing that are fanless but have this long braided material that does something for cooling.

/ Tractors and LED's? #6  
I think it’s ignorant for the price you pay on the higher end equipment like the Kubota Grand L and JD R series that LEDs are not standard. I think JD may have had an upgrade to them but Kubota did not.

Agree even lawn mowers and such should have them. They add a lot of safety and we all work late anymore if we have a day job.

/ Tractors and LED's? #7  
Look at it this way. If they change to LED they're likely to use a smaller alternator. Seems quite a few tractors have a pretty small alternator as is. At least now we can change to LED and gain capacity.

/ Tractors and LED's? #8  
This actually really surprises me. Why Kubota, Deere and the like... are not all over LEDs? A great marketing/selling point in my mind.

/ Tractors and LED's? #9  
So what do you guys think? Is it time for manufacturers to start building tractors with LED's? Seems like it's the way industry is moving. They're pretty much standard now on all cars, trucks, and in our homes. Brighter, clearer light, less energy consumption, and longer life. What's not to like?

I paid over $7k fo my John Deere X590 lawn mower and it still has old school incandescent headlights and tail lights that aren't even lights, just reflectors. Lame. Time for tractors to have LED's I say.

Thoughts?
Coming from Vermont I could see keeping the "hot" bulbs to ensure the snow melts.

/ Tractors and LED's? #10  
Tractor lights that didn't suck regardless of the type would be nice. Rear facing lights that didn't suck would be nice. I've got a LED bar on the back of my truck and its very nice. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I flipped the light switch on the Kubota CTL it's got forward and rear facing lights bright enough to actually see what I'm doing.