Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,071  
Im busy studying Gordon's handiwork on his Pronovost.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,072  
What does the walking beam look like under there

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,073  
Gordon. 640 lbs doesn’t sound that heavy. I recently built an atv walking beam trailer. I got concerned of the weight in the end and have yet to try it out with a load. I’m estimating it to be 460 lbs. I’m concerned of its weight.
But this arc trailer appears a lot smaller. It’s 3/16” thick 2.5” square tubing. SUV tires add a lot of weight. 228 lbs of just tires.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,074  
What does the walking beam look like under there
Everything Attachments has some good pictures on their website. When I take the top off to scrape and paint the frame I can post some photos. Of course that means that it has to stop raining at some point.....
https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...-Dump-Trailer-p/kk-1.5-dt-xb-dump-trailer.htm

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,075  
Similar to Greenland South, we had a crazy storm whip through here a few weeks ago. Clouds were booking along at 60-65+mph. Narrow path with tornado like damage, one side of street would be fine, the other would be trashed. We had hail, torrential rain, and wind that uprooted a lot of trees. I had a branch about 10" in diameter snap off a tree about 30' up, it landed at least 30' away from the tree, the leaves acted like little sails. I took OP's advice from awhile ago, I cut them off the stumps and am letting the leaves suck the tree dry, so far thay have only wilted, nothing brown yet. The pic with the saw, that's a 24" bar, in red oak, the tops of that tree and the totem pole are the tangled mess. The last 2 pics are the same tree from different sides, the root ball is about 10' across, and it wiped out 2 decent sized cherry trees in the background when it went over. That one is going to be harder to cut, as it spans this little valley. I may cut it up by the branches and hope that it stand back up.

Attachments

• Storm_Damage_1.jpg
    Storm_Damage_1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
  • Storm_Damage_2.jpg
    Storm_Damage_2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 98
  • Storm_Damage_3.jpg
    Storm_Damage_3.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 94
  • Storm_Damage_5.jpg
    Storm_Damage_5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 98
  • Storm_Damage_6.jpg
    Storm_Damage_6.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 91
  • Storm_Damage_7.jpg
    Storm_Damage_7.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 97
  • Storm_Damage_8.jpg
    Storm_Damage_8.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 101
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,076  
How much do you normally pull behind the tractor when coming out of the woods? What size tractor?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,077  
Similar to Greenland South, we had a crazy storm whip through here a few weeks ago. I may cut it up by the branches and hope that it stand back up.

Looks like you got some interesting work to do LoaderMan. That same front came thru here I think but we got off much easier than you and Greenland S. Lost a bunch of fir and several 1 foot hardwood trees plus a ton of dead stuff. Got a start on firewood just clearing the trails.

You never know how much weight you need to remove before they stand up, if they do. But at least if you get the top off of it you won't have to deal any side or twisting forces from that. Have fun.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,078  
Similar to Greenland South, we had a crazy storm whip through here a few weeks ago. Clouds were booking along at 60-65+mph. Narrow path with tornado like damage, one side of street would be fine, the other would be trashed. We had hail, torrential rain, and wind that uprooted a lot of trees. I had a branch about 10" in diameter snap off a tree about 30' up, it landed at least 30' away from the tree, the leaves acted like little sails. I took OP's advice from awhile ago, I cut them off the stumps and am letting the leaves suck the tree dry, so far thay have only wilted, nothing brown yet. The pic with the saw, that's a 24" bar, in red oak, the tops of that tree and the totem pole are the tangled mess. The last 2 pics are the same tree from different sides, the root ball is about 10' across, and it wiped out 2 decent sized cherry trees in the background when it went over. That one is going to be harder to cut, as it spans this little valley. I may cut it up by the branches and hope that it stand back up.
Yeehaa ... Looks like a project!! Fine looking saw though!:D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,079  
How much do you normally pull behind the tractor when coming out of the woods? What size tractor?
I think it will hold about a third of a cord just heaped up. The tractor is 26HP B series Kubota. Im looking at Gordon's side boards, I have to go back and see what he thinks his trailer can hold with the side boards. I believe that my trailer is the same dimensions as his Pronovost and similar 1.5T rating. But my trails are steep so the wood likes to jump ship.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,080  
I think it will hold about a third of a cord just heaped up. The tractor is 26HP B series Kubota. Im looking at Gordon's side boards, I have to go back and see what he thinks his trailer can hold with the side boards. I believe that my trailer is the same dimensions as his Pronovost and similar 1.5T rating. But my trails are steep so the wood likes to jump ship.
If I fill mine like the picture in post 18056 I get a solid 1/2 of a full cord - so 64 cubic feet - after I stack it in the shed. My tractor manual says 3000 lbs for a trailer. It handles it with ease even on steep trails. But, with the loader and loaded tires my tractor weighs 5000 lbs so it is heavier than a B series. And if I go on steep terrain I run chains. Here is a pic of one of my hills and the bottom of the trailer.

Turn_9.JPG

P1180621.JPG

gg