Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,952  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,953  
Quicksand? . . . :LOL:.
Now actually thinking back, when I first got this place and before I had explored all of it i was driving one of my fields and in an instant my front end was down in the ground to the axels! I had located one of my many springs, I got lucky and got it out with the loader but it was a little exciting for a bit! So almost quicksand I guess.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,954  
Dogs and I were walking through one of the pastures when out of the sky falls a big stick. What to my wondering eyes do I see above?

Bald eagle. Must have lost its grip when nest building. Eagle droppings.

AC7137FF-BDA7-43CD-95BB-5A4B455188D1.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,955  
just to share my firewood handling practice.

When cutting & splitting firewood, I put wood in such crates. Base is EUR pallet - 1.2 X 0.8 m. Grill is 1 m high
those boxes I leave at my "rancho". They can be stored on top each other. Trick is not to put them tight together side by side, but leave gaps for air circulating. And not in barn but just under shed - again for better air circulation.
Wood has to be cut before "juice time". Better be split before it's become warm
In such crates wood is drying very good, already at end of summer on portable moisture probe I am reading 12 ... 15 %
At autumn those boxes I load on my trailer and drive them to my home. For heating season I need 8 .. 10 of such crates
Boiler is in garage, I can drive in there and put that crate directly on side of boiler.
So I touch wood with my hands only to put wood in crate and then - in boiler.

98AB88AB-759C-4027-897D-87234CE31FAD_1_105_c.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,956  
just to share my firewood handling practice.

When cutting & splitting firewood, I put wood in such crates. Base is EUR pallet - 1.2 X 0.8 m. Grill is 1 m high
those boxes I leave at my "rancho". They can be stored on top each other. Trick is not to put them tight together side by side, but leave gaps for air circulating. And not in barn but just under shed - again for better air circulation.
Wood has to be cut before "juice time". Better be split before it's become warm
In such crates wood is drying very good, already at end of summer on portable moisture probe I am reading 12 ... 15 %
At autumn those boxes I load on my trailer and drive them to my home. For heating season I need 8 .. 10 of such crates
Boiler is in garage, I can drive in there and put that crate directly on side of boiler.
So I touch wood with my hands only to put wood in crate and then - in boiler.

View attachment 738297
When I first looked at that pic the ground looked like shingles, thought you were driving on a roof!:)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,958  
I saw the railing with the fog behind it & thought.. How does this guy get to drive his tractor and wood crates over a public walkway bridge?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,959  
35940808-ECA2-4FD1-8D69-18EB3EC58C4D.jpeg
4A0E9965-5DBF-4FF8-8473-B3DBE7AF84D4.jpeg

A hickory I’ve been working on for firewood. Even with my hydraulic splitter some of it so stringy it drives me nuts.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,960  
When I first looked at that pic the ground looked like shingles, thought you were driving on a roof!:)
:ROFLMAO:

Those pavement bricks are very common here and in EU in general.
Like version I have - a bit cheaper concrete blocks or cobblestone, which are a bit pricier. Rich communes can afford stones, not like poor individuals 😁

892D21A6-E87B-4A7A-9D27-129D319580BB_1_105_c.jpeg

I have noticed, that in US concrete driveways are more common.

P.S. sry for offtopic 😉