Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,961  
A hickory I’ve been working on for firewood. Even with my hydraulic splitter some of it so stringy it drives me nuts.
Now it's my turn to wonder
it's first time I have seen word "hickory". :oops:
Had to google it 😉

for mechanical properties it seems to be close to our ash, and that is a hell of a wood to cut and split. But at least it gives you heat once it is burning.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,962  
I looked up the btu content, it’s really good, in this case we call it Shag Bark Hickory. Its also very messy, some kind of bug gets in it and makes sawdust.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,963  
We have Shag Bark hickory here, i have one that came down in a storm this past summer. There is a straight piece about 18' long and 20" dbh maybe. It's hard to tell as it's flat on the ground & I didn't measure from the stump. I figure I'll take the top for firewood and try to find a mill to buy the rest. I'll take pics if I ever get to cutting it.

1647893605659.jpeg

1647893632905.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,964  
We have Shag Bark hickory here, i have one that came down in a storm this past summer. There is a straight piece about 18' long and 20" dbh maybe. It's hard to tell as it's flat on the ground & I didn't measure from the stump. I figure I'll take the top for firewood and try to find a mill to buy the rest. I'll take pics if I ever get to cutting it.

View attachment 738405

View attachment 738406
Well throw it in the back of your truck and come on down.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,965  
Well throw it in the back of your truck and come on down.
Let's see, you're about 750 miles away, at 17mpg, & 4.50/gal, that's about $400 in gas round trip, oh wait.. plus factoring the cost of one of my 4 wheelers you wanted, a couple bandsaw blades, some refreshments, some ammo to try out your shooting range, another drone so we can race....

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,966  
Let's see, you're about 750 miles away, at 17mpg, & 4.50/gal, that's about $400 in gas round trip, oh wait.. plus factoring the cost of one of my 4 wheelers you wanted, a couple bandsaw blades, some refreshments, some ammo to try out your shooting range, another drone so we can race....
I tell you what, I'll cover the blades, refreshments, and ammo, AND gas isn't quite $4.00 a gallon here so that will save some. So just let me know when you think you will arrive...

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #19,969  
Does it count if I used this to remove the tree? Now it has a thumb so I cut and grab and drag all day long

Attachments

• 20200611_125340.jpg
    20200611_125340.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 126