Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,521  
You'll be pleasantly surprised at how many uses you will find for it. And the carryall mentioned below will probably be just the first of many implements you will want. The tractor is just the initial expense. :D
I have to say, I made up a set of forks for the rear. I use them a lot. Pick up a box carrying stuff. Pallets of things etc. make yourself a set. Nice box. Easy to turn around and manoeuvre. Not sure your lift capacity. But you could probably carry triple or quadruple what you can carry in the fel. Some of these fellows know better. I sometimes wonder if I built mine too heavy. So look at different makes. Or Order a set.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,522  
Just took delivery last Friday and put it to work Sunday afternoon. It sure made the task of getting wood back to house easier.

Love seeing the MT225S, not enough owners spam pictures of there machines here.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,523  
I have to say, I made up a set of forks for the rear. I use them a lot. Pick up a box carrying stuff. Pallets of things etc. make yourself a set. Nice box. Easy to turn around and manoeuvre. Not sure your lift capacity. But you could probably carry triple or quadruple what you can carry in the fel. Some of these fellows know better. I sometimes wonder if I built mine too heavy. So look at different makes. Or Order a set.
I did the same and use them at least 50% of the time. Rear forks are incredibly versatile. W. Jones

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,524  
I did the same and use them at least 50% of the time. Rear forks are incredibly versatile. W. Jones
That's on my list of things to build or buy. First I need to get one of my old tractors running, as my Kubota always has something on back. My father had several pallets which we would haul plants and boxes on in spring, they had steel sides and legs which brought the platform about 8" off the ground, The wood is long since rotted away, but can be replaced.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,525  
I bought a set from Agri-Supply, and they have been wonderful. I've had them about 4-5 years and still look just as good. I've had close to 2000lbs on them (which is their weight rating) and they hold fine. I also use them as forks on the front of my loader and get them into all sorts of stuff and angles & they haven't bent yet and I don't think they ever will. They are heavy rectangular tube with nice solid welds tapered tips that are welded shut, I think they may even have a powder coated finish in bright red. I don't recommend products much since I never know if I just got lucky on a product and someone else's experience will vary, in this case, I think they are a solid addition to your attachments, especially for the price. (just looked on the website, they are only $300. US)

Only down side I've found is, due to the thick painted finish, they are slippery when wet. Which is a small trade off for the durability. If I need to I can add non-slip grip tape to the top side of the forks.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,526  
I bought a set from Agri-Supply, and they have been wonderful. I've had them about 4-5 years and still look just as good. I've had close to 2000lbs on them (which is their weight rating) and they hold fine. I also use them as forks on the front of my loader and get them into all sorts of stuff and angles & they haven't bent yet and I don't think they ever will. They are heavy rectangular tube with nice solid welds tapered tips that are welded shut, I think they may even have a powder coated finish in bright red. I don't recommend products much since I never know if I just got lucky on a product and someone else's experience will vary, in this case, I think they are a solid addition to your attachments, especially for the price. (just looked on the website, they are only $300. US)

Only down side I've found is, due to the thick painted finish, they are slippery when wet. Which is a small trade off for the durability. If I need to I can add non-slip grip tape to the top side of the forks.
I would not recommend putting the "non-slip grip tape" on them, it would be a hindrance.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,527  
I would not recommend putting the "non-slip grip tape" on them, it would be a hindrance.
That is why I phrased it as "if I need to", I should have expanded on my comment. I haven't yet because I haven't needed them to be non-slip yet.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,528  
I posted pictures here before when I cut some wood and used them. If I can find a picture I’ll post it again. Mine are pretty heavy. They are 2x4” tubing. But I made a large square frame with expanded metal to protect the tractor. It’s a small tractor so I might be cutting in in its lift capacity a little. But they worked well

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,529  
D0B3D6AB-469B-495A-A542-DE12A8788574.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,530  
When I get home. I may slice 1/2” lengths of tubing with 1” id and weld them on both sides of the tangs in which the rod slides through in this picture, for more bearing surface. I’ll then drill them once welded in place, to allow a cotter pin to go through the tube, passing through rod and out the other side so the rod can’t spin. Then only the forks can rotate around the rod. I’ll install a grease nipple on top of the forks. That picture was several years ago. It’s rusted up some and I need to get that rod out to fix it up. Little stuff bothers me like that while I’m away from home. I should be able to slide forks to desired widths.

Last edited: