Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,121  
That is a beautiful tractor. Nice cage Gordon! In your recent pictures it looks like you put a cover on it. Is that plywood? or did you make it in metal?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,122  
That is a beautiful tractor. Nice cage Gordon! In your recent pictures it looks like you put a cover on it. Is that plywood? or did you make it in metal?

Thank you. I just put plywood up there with the intension of doing something else later. But ...........

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,123  
I managed to find the time to repair one of my half cord firewood boxes and fill it with oak splits.

Resized-20221028-154604-S.jpg

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,124  
Nice looking pile of firewood SR

When we were burning wood for heat most of
the wood was oak some pine that were down
we just cut up instead of letting it rot away.
Now no trees around here to burn.

willy

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,125  
I managed to find the time to repair one of my half cord firewood boxes and fill it with oak splits.

Resized-20221028-154604-S.jpg

SR

Like Willey said, that is a pretty nice charge of wood. Have you burned any yet ? We've only had a couple days that I've kept the stove going all day. Been frosty (20's) in the mornings and sunny all day lately. Just a quick fire in the morning is all we need.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,126  
Like Willey said, that is a pretty nice charge of wood. Have you burned any yet ? We've only had a couple days that I've kept the stove going all day. Been frosty (20's) in the mornings and sunny all day lately. Just a quick fire in the morning is all we need.

gg
I won't be burning that firewood until late winter at the earliest, maybe not until next winter? It's a nice box of splits, that's for sure!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,127  
Another nice day here today in the 60's, after getting some chores done this morning my friend came over to help skid/cut a load of firewood. SO, we headed back to the woods and got started skidding,

Resized-20221030-165508-S.jpg

Working out in the woods, always brings out the spectators!

Resized-20221030-161530-S.jpg

Anyway, we kept on skidding until we had enough to make a load,

Resized-20221030-172227-S.jpg

and then I started bringing my friend the logs we skidded out and he cut them into firewood lengths,

Resized-20221030-173220-S.jpg

My friend used my Jonsered 2260 with a new loop of X chain, because he hit some wire with his saw, and it pretty much ate the chain, even shearing off a few teeth!!

Here's the load, ready to head to my friend's house, as we cut this load for him!

Resized-20221030-180654-S.jpg

We will split it later when we find the time...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,130  
Yes - Very nice Ished. You got quite a pile ahead of you. Is that all for this years splitting ?

gg