Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,341  
Just chip trashy, punky stuff that big as a rule, firewood the rest . But a good bit of cord wood has gone through her as well !

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,342  
Looks as though I picked the wrong time to break my tractor. It has stalled my work on the crop tree release I'm working on in the far corner of my property.

I brought it in to the dealer a week ago. The service guy said they were "not too busy" and should be able to look in to it within a day or so of getting it in. Turns out, the guy was brought in to cover from another of the dealership's locations and was not too familiar with this location. When I stopped in Tuesday to check on the status, they had not yet looked at my tractor. Turns out a couple of their techs are out sick. Most of the rest are on vacation - it seems the middle of deer season is not the ideal time to send a tractor in for repairs.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,343  
And for the ones too big for the chipper .
1669297613713.jpeg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,344  
I want to cut a few "cookies" off the butt end of the log with the blue stain. For tables, etc. I've never done that before.

How do you get a good square cut? Seems I should start by squaring up the open/butt end of the log. I'm terrible at that with a chainsaw-- the saw wanders around as I proceed down through the cut.

I have a bandsaw mill-- is that a better option? Cut maybe a foot off the end, then place it on the mill so the log is vertical? Then use the bandsaw for the cuts?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,346  
I want to cut a few "cookies" off the butt end of the log with the blue stain. For tables, etc. I've never done that before.

How do you get a good square cut? Seems I should start by squaring up the open/butt end of the log. I'm terrible at that with a chainsaw-- the saw wanders around as I proceed down through the cut.

I have a bandsaw mill-- is that a better option? Cut maybe a foot off the end, then place it on the mill so the log is vertical? Then use the bandsaw for the cuts?
When you say wandering have you tried starting it in the cut then letting it go without a hand on the top handle to see if it’s you or the saw causing the wander?