Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,361  
Wow those are very nice looking and very unique. Q- how did you make or obtain the legs?

SR, yes I am resigned to some cracking. I talked with my logger recently about some madrone slabs I made that started out beautiful but cracked no matter what I did.

He suggested wrapping them in plastic, then waiting until a small amount of mold develops. Then open them up, let the air exchange, and do it again. Keep doing until dry. That's the first time I have heard about that method ....
Legs from amazon, they have different sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BZ54DMY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,362  
I just stuck the discs in the skids of some other wood I was drying in the shade and undercover and it worked out very well. I've never used the Anchorseal so I cant comment on that. I think the thing is you want them to dry very slow! I made some tables..

View attachment 771874

You've shown us some very nice stuff over the years (y)

How about the floor - did that come off your mill too ??

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,363  
You've shown us some very nice stuff over the years (y)

How about the floor - did that come off your mill too ??

gg
No, unfortunately that's vinyl plank flooring. I got it because it claims to be waterproof and with my critters , 2 ponds and a pool right out the back door seemed like a good idea at the time... not really though. Wont happen again I promise. Scratches easy and doesn't hold up real well.
Oh, and thanks.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,365  
Not knowing anything about preserving cookies I found this interesting. He compares anchor seal with Penedryl

gg
Nice video, thanks Gordon

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,366  
Not knowing anything about preserving cookies I found this interesting. He compares anchor seal with Penedryl

gg
We submerge any cookies that we get for particular customers in a solution of peg (Polyethylene Glycol) and water. Depending on the size of the cookie (some as big as 3 feet across and 3-4 inches thick) , they can stay in the solution for as long as 4 months . We continuously check the solution with a Hydrometer and add more peg or water as needed. When the reading is right for a long enough period the cookies can come out and be dried out and cleaned up. They rarely crack once treated this way.

Cheers.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,367  
We submerge any cookies that we get for particular customers in a solution of peg (Polyethylene Glycol) and water. Depending on the size of the cookie (some as big as 3 feet across and 3-4 inches thick) , they can stay in the solution for as long as 4 months . We continuously check the solution with a Hydrometer and add more peg or water as needed. When the reading is right for a long enough period the cookies can come out and be dried out and cleaned up. They rarely crack once treated this way.

Cheers.
The Glycol does leave a slight film on/in the wood that doesn't play well with some finishes, but it does work good.

The Glycol replaces the water in the cells of the wood, so the wood doesn't shrink as much, so usually no cracks.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,368  
We submerge any cookies that we get for particular customers in a solution of peg (Polyethylene Glycol) and water. ....... They rarely crack once treated this way.
Very interesting! Would like to learn more.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,370  
Super interesting. (y)