Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,601  
Its amazing how much wood you can stuff up a chimney if you are patient!
Tell me about it!!! I thought that my wood box was full enough to get me through tomorrow. I just put the last stick in and am headed out to the woodpile for more.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,602  
I thought I'd miss all that northern winter nonsense but it turns out I don't. Especially in New England.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,603  
I thought I'd miss all that northern winter nonsense but it turns out I don't. Especially in New England.
I wish that it would last more than 24 hours. I miss those days.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,607  
Ridiculous as it may be, it's so weird to me, seeing an Iseki in it's natural blue; here in the States they were sold by Bolens in white, and they were everywhere.

iu

I got this off of DuckDuckGo, it's a beautiful example.
Thanks TT for showing and sharing, for me likewise, it's strange to see and I did not know this fact! I wonder if this is 'official', looks like a ©opyright issue if it was a book :)
What is a bit weird in the example above, is the choise for garden tires in combination with snowchains and snowplow. Someone is in despare need for a double set of tires; winter- and summertires, like with a car.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,608  
Thanks TT for showing and sharing, for me likewise, it's strange to see and I did not know this fact! I wonder if this is 'official', looks like a ©opyright issue if it was a book :)
What is a bit weird in the example above, is the choise for garden tires in combination with snowchains and snowplow. Someone is in despare need for a double set of tires; winter- and summertires, like with a car.

If you have recommendations on a brand and model of snow tires for uses on a garden tractor, I'd love to hear them. Right now I'm running chains (sometimes leave them on year round)

I ran turf tires on my garden tractor year round. It's smaller & lighter than the Iseki/Bolens shown in that picture (a Craftsman GT5000). Having tried a second set of tires on my previous, similar-sized garden tractor, I found I needed chains in the winter anyway to be able to get up and down my driveway. So I ran one set of tires with studded chains.

I have not gotten any snow-related implements for my newer garden tractor (A JD X570). I did swap out the smoother turf tires for some knobby tires (which look a bit like some milder ATV tires, but still claim to be good for turf). We'll see how they do in snow and ice when I finally get winter implements for it, but my bet is that I will still need chains.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,609  
Your more of a man than me Thomas. I didn't even try any of the motors around here. I did shovel out the wind packed snow in my wood shed path though. Like everyone I spent the last two days pushing wood up the chimney.

gg
Also fed the chimney last couple days,durning warm weather when others are in t shirts shorts with their flip flops on and bugs little hungry,most of us are getting wood supply ready,than when winter months come knocking were tossey warm and there scrambling for wood and keep inside temperature mid 60's bundle up. ;)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,610  

Turf tires and chains were the go-to for snow removal for a long time, at least in North America. I don't recall R4 tires coming into widespread use until some time in the 90's, though that could just be my lack of attention, and snow tires for tractors were about non-existent. In fact, they're still not common here. I'm looking at that picture and thinking that tractor is more a, toy, so to speak lol. It exists more to make clearing the snow enjoyable than anything else, at it's current home. Or that's my guess. Seldom do suburban families need a tractor, but want is a strong drive, especially if emotions are attached.

I mean, I'd own a big International if my wife would just give in... 🤣