Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,631  
I thought I'd miss all that northern winter nonsense but it turns out I don't. Especially in New England.
I would never live in a place that didn't have "real" winters, including those days well below 0˚F.

On the other hand, I could do with a shorter mud season each spring, and skipping deer fly season altogether would be just fine with me.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,632  
I would never live in a place that didn't have "real" winters, including those days well below 0˚F.

On the other hand, I could do with a shorter mud season each spring, and skipping deer fly season altogether would be just fine with me.
I don't mind the weather or even plowing snow. I actually like the snow.

I CAN NOT tolerate rusty cars.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,633  
Is that Balsam Poplar/Balm-of-Gilead ? We have never seen that hear. Looks like nice wood.

gg
I had to check the picture again! No, it's a regular trembling aspen. Balm of Gilead has different bark, and the heartwood is medium brown colored.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,634  
I had to check the picture again! No, it's a regular trembling aspen. Balm of Gilead has different bark, and the heartwood is medium brown colored.

Thanks. That is a nice one then. My Aspen get cankers and die before the bark turns rough.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,635  
Me dragging some falldowns with my forestry winch back in September. Very nice tool indeed.
IMG_4076.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #21,638  
I just leave my chains in the box they came in, or in a Ziplock freezer bag (which is a bit heavier duty than their regular bags). A friend uses short lengths of old fire hose to store and carry his in.

Last edited: