Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,791  
Boy that is surprising. The air in your beautiful avatar photo looks crystal clear. I can see that a decision like that would be tough to finalize.

gg

Gordon as long as storms come in every 5 days or so the air is great. If we get a dry spell especially during winter we'll get what the weather man says is an inversion. The cold air gets trapped in the valley and warm air is on top. The smog/pollution will actually block the sun in the valley, it could be in the teens for temps. and the ski resorts are clear blue sky with 40's for temperature.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,793  
Let's review your suppositions:

You, not knowing a single characteristic of the wood, not the length or diameter of the rounds, length of time seasoned, environmental conditions (natural and / or external influences) during seasoning, type of wood, live or dead tree (if dead for how long before felling), type of burner...in short you have introduced numerous strawmen to prove your point when the only statement I made was wood does not have to be split.

As you have demonstrated remarkably.

Watch your first step, your perch on your high horse is a long ways up.

\discussion

You side swipe the discussion placing credence all of a sudden on on the narrow framework of what "you do" or can be done. You presented with emphatically stating that one does not have to split if using an outdoor boiler calling everyone that splits wood "wrong"and nothing could be further from the truth if one wants to burn wood efficiently. Your pronouncement is what cost market share of the outdoor boiler where counties and towns have banned them all together. You continue to imbue the sales pitch for outdoor wood burners that the industry themselves used as a selling point only to have this come back and bite them in their a$$es.

You forget that people are new to this forum every day and what you continue to profess is just going to get more people into wood burning problems as I can guarantee you, not everyone is going to match your wood, your circumstance or your methodology. It won't matter one lick what wood they end up with that they will simply toss into their outdoor wood burner thinking just like you and what you've put forth.

Outdoor wood burners have many advantages. Using a very small criteria that may warrant unsplit wood being tossed into them, is an insufficient marker for the average user as all a homeowner may get is the myriad of different wood rounds dumped from a truck.

When I confront a person such as yourself that slides into personal attack, I know right there that you stand on thin ice more concerned with your own ego than the discussion and thinks everything is an attack on said ego if even the slightest nuance of difference is put forth. You're not here to discuss. You are here to puff your chest out. Take it from a guy who logged professionally for 30 years, your ilk doesn't impress me.

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,794  
Let's review your suppositions:

You, not knowing a single characteristic of the wood, not the length or diameter of the rounds, length of time seasoned, environmental conditions (natural and / or external influences) during seasoning, type of wood, live or dead tree (if dead for how long before felling), type of burner...in short you have introduced numerous strawmen to prove your point when the only statement I made was wood does not have to be split.

As you have demonstrated remarkably.

Watch your first step, your perch on your high horse is a long ways up.

\discussion

You side swipe the discussion placing credence all of a sudden on on the narrow framework of what "you do". You presented with emphatically stating that one does not have to split if using an outdoor boiler calling everyone that splits wood "wrong"and nothing could be further from the truth if one wants to burn wood efficiently. Your pronouncement is what cost market share of the outdoor boiler where counties and towns have banned them all together. You continue to imbue the sales pitch for outdoor furnaces that the industry themselves used as a selling point only to have this come back and bite them in their a$$es.

You forget that people are new to this forum every day and what you continue to profess is just going to get more people into wood burning problems as I can guarantee you, not everyone is going to match your wood, your circumstance or your methodology. It won't matter one lick what wood they end up with that they will simply toss into their outdoor wood burner thinking just like you and what you've put forth.

Outdoor wood burners have many advantages. Using a very small criteria that may warrant unsplit wood being tossed into them, is an insufficient marker for the average user as all a homeowner may get is the myriad of different wood rounds dumped from a truck.

When I confront a person such as yourself that slides into personal attack, I know right there that you stand on thin ice more concerned with your own ego than the discussion and thinks everything is an attack on said ego if even the slightest nuance of difference is put forth. You're not here to discuss. You are here to puff your chest out. Take it from a guy who logged professionally for 30 years, your ilk doesn't impress
me.

Why don’t you two take your pissing match to PMs or email, enough!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,795  
Folks, the thread will be closed if it doesn't return towards the original topic and continues along this line. There's too many posts to prune out at this point, so let it go or the thread will be closed. :cool:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,796  
I finally had a little time to start getting some wood out. I have spent the last couple of years building the cabin to do much wood, but my stash was getting down to 1 year out at home. So I wanted to get a trailer load out. First weekend I hauled and stacked the wood by the road, then the following weekend I was going to take a load home. Well the first weekend was beautiful, but then the second weekend, we got snow. Still got the load out, but it was much colder.

WP_20170910_001.jpg
WP_20170910_003.jpg
WP_20170910_004.jpg
WP_20170916_003.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,797  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,798  
I cut a little pile of wood. IMG_0543.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,799  
I cut a little pile of wood. View attachment 523734

I've got wood on the ground AND a new saw but haven't had time to get around to cutting and splitting: huge fencing project has had me tied up.

What saw is that?

I just got my second 562xp (after killing my first one- found out that one can outwork a machine!). This time I got one that was ported (from someone in your neck of the woods); hoping that it'll run a bit cooler. 18" bar makes for a wicked firewood saw.

Oh yeah, I need to tie a tractor into this somehow... I take my tractor out with a splitter (saw of course) and wood crates. Cut and split; toss split wood into the crates and then haul back: crates sit to season and then next time I touch the wood I'm pulling from the crates, which I place on my deck, and putting in the woodstove.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #4,800  
That's a 372xp wearing a 20" bar. A little shorter would be nice. What kind of crates do you have?

Last edited: