Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #792  
Very, very nice. Is your front tire at rated preside? One picture makes the right tire look low.

I have premium radials all the way around on that tractor, they look like they are low on air even when they aren't. BUT, they sure have a LOT MORE traction!

Those logs are quite heavy too, in fact some times they are a bit too heavy! And yes, those rear tires are loaded...

standard.jpg

That loader is rated to pick 3,650 pounds, it's the main reason I bought that specific model loader... Both the tractor and loader have been one of my best buys!

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #793  
I have premium radials all the way around on that tractor, they look like they are low on air even when they aren't. BUT, they sure have a LOT MORE traction!

Those logs are quite heavy too, in fact some times they are a bit too heavy! And yes, those rear tires are loaded...

That loader is rated to pick 3,650 pounds, it's the main reason I bought that specific model loader... Both the tractor and loader have been one of my best buys!

SR

That Agco looks like a little tank and that is a stout loader. We don't see enough Agco branded or current Agco family tractors on here.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #794  
All in an afternoons play.

Attachments

• image-23580931.jpg
    image-23580931.jpg
    326.8 KB · Views: 296
  • image-3009177323.jpg
    image-3009177323.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 209
  • image-3718491004.jpg
    image-3718491004.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 279
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #795  
Had this nice load of logs on my trailer since August, and kept missing opportunities to use the trailer because of it. Finally cleared out enough other wood by splitting and stacking so I could offload this stuff. I stacked 4' log sections into "cribs" where they can wait until next year for bucking and splitting.

logs.jpg

Even though it warmed up to 38F today, the logs were froze together pretty good, which made the work a bit fun. After banging on them with a sledge, I broke them loose and was able to get them into the front loader to move. The boss came out to supervise part way through with her choo-choo hat:

boss.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #796  
I spent a couple hundred more $ and got a splitfire 3 pt with a lift and 4 way ive never looked back.

My friend and I bought a used Splitfire that was only about 2 years old. It is a stand alone with a Honda engine. We added the lift to it and that is great to have. I agree with your assessment of the Splitfire. I don't think that I have ever used anything as fast especially if you have 3 people when you are running it.

I just helped my neighbor 2 Saturday's ago split about 2.5 cord that I used my 990 to bring to the splitter.

Here are some pics on different occasions.

View attachment 409591
there is some pretty big oak here

View attachment 409592
a visitor to my right is holding my 044 and my friend that I co-own the Splitfire is holding his Farmboss. This was a lot of wood and we used the Splitfire to split most of it. I am burning the last of this right now.

View attachment 409599

View attachment 409600

View attachment 409603
Stacked all the split wood on a pallet and then it could be moved to the house easily with the 990.

View attachment 409604

IMG_8768.jpg
Moving some good size Oak to the back of the property.

IMG_8752.jpg

IMG_8744.jpg

IMG_8768.jpg

IMG_5413.jpg
These are my saws

IMG_5411.jpg
Took down an oak tree in the back yard

IMG_5589.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5598.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #797  
robpm-

What is the larger black plastic bin with the lid in the last photo?
Do you use that with your forks for hauling split wood?

Where can I find one of these?

Thanks

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #798  
robpm-

What is the larger black plastic bin with the lid in the last photo?
Do you use that with your forks for hauling split wood?

Where can I find one of these?

Thanks

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #799  

standard.jpg

SR

This is a good example of why I think the bucket/forks are way to far out front of the front axle on modern 4x4 tractors, it does give more lift height, and with short wheel base, a tractor can turn in a small area, but for what I do I'd rather have the front axle closer to the bucket.
I don't have a quick disconnect bucket on my L3400, so I have to clamp on my forks on the bucket which makes it stick out farther from the front axle and for me I think that cuts down on lifting power and make my rear tires come off the ground easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBSmZFOpKU

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #800  

standard.jpg

SR

This is a good example of why I think the bucket/forks are way to far out front of the front axle on modern 4x4 tractors, it does give more lift height, and with short wheel base, a tractor can turn in a small area, but for what I do I'd rather have the front axle closer to the bucket.
I don't have a quick disconnect bucket on my L3400, so I have to clamp on my forks on the bucket which makes it stick out farther from the front axle and for me I think that cuts down on lifting power and make my rear tires come off the ground easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDBSmZFOpKU