Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,991  
Looks like it and sounds like it but mine is red and almost like new. They did cut good. 54 cc's or 3.3 ci's back then noone new what a cc was, thumb oil pump, 1975 vintage.

View attachment 610668

View attachment 610669

gg

Nice pictures, I thought in the 70's all saws had auto oilers. Look how big the bar is, no chain brake, no trigger lock, no anti vibe system and keep pumping the oil, that's when saws were hard on the body.

Guess things got better in the 80's. This is the first saw I bought in 1977, I dont recall any anti vibe mounts on it but didn't vibrate that bad or I was a lot younger and didn't bother me or didn't notice or didn't care...>>>> HUSQVARNA L65 vintage chainsaw / lancfűresz - YouTube A good saw back in the 70s but no match against my 550xp and it's a lot lighter.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,992  
Stacked and moved 6 home made pallets of wood today. Still need to get a few more of the empty IBC tote cages. Thinking out loud and not wanting to start my own thread...

We are 2-3 years ahead on firewood finally and I am considering selling some of the Ash we have before the bugs completely ruin everything. How are you guys that sell on a small scale doing things? I have seen people set T-posts 8' apart, stack the wood, and put a sign up with the asking price. Do you leave a phone number for them to call, leave some sort of lock box for cash near the stacks, does the wood get stolen often or at all? I was thinking of making some wooden 4'x8'x16" racks that I could easily move with my tractor, but if I don't need to then why spend the money. Looking forward to hearing and learning how some of you do this.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,993  
Stacked and moved 6 home made pallets of wood today. Still need to get a few more of the empty IBC tote cages. Thinking out loud and not wanting to start my own thread...

We are 2-3 years ahead on firewood finally and I am considering selling some of the Ash we have before the bugs completely ruin everything. How are you guys that sell on a small scale doing things? I have seen people set T-posts 8' apart, stack the wood, and put a sign up with the asking price. Do you leave a phone number for them to call, leave some sort of lock box for cash near the stacks, does the wood get stolen often or at all? I was thinking of making some wooden 4'x8'x16" racks that I could easily move with my tractor, but if I don't need to then why spend the money. Looking forward to hearing and learning how some of you do this.

You can do that but, I do not . . . I just put a sign up with my cell number outside my front gates. Most people want delivery around here.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,994  
Nearly everyone wants delivery here. Without a dump truck that would be too much work. I’ve got pretty good at truckbed volume and just toss it on and deliver.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,995  
Prices vary greatly by region. The going price here for green firewood is $150 - $200 a cord blocked, split, and delivered. $250 "seasoned". And most buyers want 4 to 8 cords and delivery which is understandable. So a cash and carry seller would have to be lower priced than that and it is hard to compete or make make it worth while ( at least for me ) unless you have a wood processors or just want the exercise. There are people who want just a cord or two for emergencies when the power goes out or for camp wood and are willing to block and split their own so 1 cord log length deliveries at $100 works OK for me. The guys that have a better traffic location and are near a camp ground sell it road side in little bundles for a $1 less than in the store and make out pretty well if you do the math.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,996  
GG, I sure wish we were neighbors "because your talking about hardwood", which is silly because I would have the same wood. ;) The hardwood around here is $400 - $500 a cord seasoned, split, etc. and that's if you are well connected.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,997  
I can get split hardwood here @ $120.00 a cord, mostly oak.

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #8,999  
It was a HHH day here, so bad I could barely function but I did anyways. I went after the hemlock and oak logs I cut down last month, leaves were wilted and falling off but dont think they dried much, one stump was black as a boot wet with sap, the other was light colored and drying.
IMG-2744.JPG IMG-2745.JPG IMG-2746.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,000  
I can get split hardwood here @ $120.00 a cord, mostly oak.

SR

Didn't say I would purchase it :laughing: . . . its what people are willing to pay for it in some cities on the west coast where we mostly have fir and a lot of it.