Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,001  
It was a HHH day here, so bad I could barely function but I did anyways. I went after the hemlock and oak logs I cut down last month, leaves were wilted and falling off but dont think they dried much, one stump was black as a boot wet with sap, the other was light colored and drying.
It rained off and on here most of the day, funny what a difference a hundred miles makes. Everything is so wet that I won't even go into the woods. As you said though, hot and humid between showers.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,002  
I loaded both trailers with some slight mishaps, barely got one log on and then on the way out the trailer on the tractor unhooked, I realize it 600 ft later.......Oh yeah I did hit a rock with the saw, now it's dual again.

IMG-2740.JPG IMG-2757.JPG IMG-2753.JPG IMG-2761.JPG

IMG-2760.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,003  
It rained off and on here most of the day, funny what a difference a hundred miles makes. Everything is so wet that I won't even go into the woods. As you said though, hot and humid between showers.

That's what I thought is was supposed to do down here, if wasn't the humidity it would've been a great day, but least there wasn't any deer flies out yet, think there behind schedule just a few mosquitoes that didn't know what time of day it was. It was wet in the woods tho, mud puddles everywhere.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,004  
I can split hardwood here @ $500.00 a cord, anything you want............
I don't understand that answer??

I posted,
I can get split hardwood here @ $120.00 a cord, mostly oak.

SR

"I can get" means that's what I can buy it for, as that's what it goes for here...

I was kinda just throwing the price out there cuz others were quoting prices for THEIR area...

SR

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,005  
Deer flies are here with a vengence. Mosquitos in the early am & anywhere shady during the day. Was hot & humid. But there was a cooler breeze blowing through. Was out working on the latest purchase, pics to come when I get it up & running. Just a teaser for now. Wood here this time of year is $180/ cord for dry seasoned hardwood, October & later it goes to $220-$250, depending on how much you buy. I only have a few crates full so far this year, I am way behind, I usually try to cut down in March, bring up logs in fall ,& cut & split all winter. It's not the drgsst this way, but still burns ok, & I get the chimney cleaned every year anyway.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,006  
Didn't say I would purchase it :laughing: . . . its what people are willing to pay for it in some cities on the west coast where we mostly have fir and a lot of it.

When I was in colorado they wanted 200-250 for pine and 450-500 for mixed hardwoods. No clue what they get here, never really looked.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,007  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,008  
That's what I thought is was supposed to do down here, if wasn't the humidity it would've been a great day, but least there wasn't any deer flies out yet, think there behind schedule just a few mosquitoes that didn't know what time of day it was. It was wet in the woods tho, mud puddles everywhere.

And my deer fly season is almost over, usually done by the 4th of July, YAY!!

But I just noticed some furry thing has moved into my big pond, need to take care of that!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,009  
Good point on most people wanting delivery. I know someone up the road just set some inside his fence and it always seemed to get bought and re stocked. Low volume, more than likely looks like he is clearing some woods and decided to sell instead of waste it. Prices I have seen driving by setups like that are around $180 for a cord. That is no delivery and self serve.

A dump truck would be a great invaluable tool, just out of reach currently. We have considered a dumper dog insert for my truck, but I think I would want to upgrade to a 3500 drw if we go that route. I think the best use would be a smaller (10k lb max) dump trailer. Roughly what volume do you need to haul a loosely loaded cord of wood? Length, width, height?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #9,010  
I’d have to measure my truck and see but it’s about 10’ long and 6.5’ wide. This load is a bit more than a cord. A hand tossed load is tighter than load dumped in with a tractor bucket. I don’t think anything less than a dually would handle a cord and you’d be hard pressed to get a cord on a regular bed truck at least without hand stacking and sideboards higher than the cab.

Attachments

• IMG_2083.JPG
    IMG_2083.JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 106