Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,201  
Sounds like an old age and soft wood problem, my son can relate with soft wood. On these real cold nights my son is up every 2-3 hr refilling stove with cedar scraps, my stove easily last all night with hard wood.
When I do have hardwood to burn it surely burns longer but does not keep the house warm enough during those last few hours. 3000 sq ft on one level and lots of windows. I wish we had more hardwood though.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,202  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,203  
Politics comes into play during a visit?? That doesn't make sense at all. I understand your dislike of politicians, I think 90% are garbage. But I don't see how a state political climate would stop someone from taking a vacation.

Oh, I like taking a vacation... just not there! Wont give the idiots my money, and wont bow to thier illegal laws.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,204  
Here is my Kubota BX25D with mini logging trailer. No, my kids don't ride on the trailer while it's moving :)

IMG_2146.JPG

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,205  
Had to buy a new group 26R battery for my tractor yesterday. I probably should have tried to find a slightly larger group size that would still fit, but oh well. She didn't want to crank well at anything under 15 degrees or so.

OldPath, I can think of several good reasons to start a tractor in the single digits, but the main one around here lately is to plow the driveway. As long as it ain't too windy, who cares what the temperature number is. Just bundle up and cover your face if you really have to. -13f this morning, I could sure feel that when gathering firewood from the screen porch in my PJs to stoke the woodstove.

Maybe it's just me, but a long time ago, I had a carport and noticed my car would start a lot easier inside of it. Merely blocking wind seemed to make the difference. That was ages ago. My tractor stays outside with a tarp over it wrapped with the black side out. I noticed it stays warmer beneath the tarp due to the sun and starts easier as well. The bottom foot or so is open to the outside which seems to keep the moisture level beneath it non-existent so for now that's how I've stored and helped my tractor survive the cold. I'm going to jinx myself for saying this, but my tractor starts without hesitation on the original battery (2013). I trickle charge it once a year to make sure it cycles. So far so good.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,206  
I find that some old injury's dont really heal, they come back with a haunting pain, now I cant jump 10' high or run 20 miles an hour anymore and have to use eye glasses to spell words right but I can still sit down........

Might I suggest, respectfully of course, you should wear your glasses more. :D

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,207  
Maybe it's just me, but a long time ago, I had a carport and noticed my car would start a lot easier inside of it. Merely blocking wind seemed to make the difference. .... I'm going to jinx myself for saying this, but my tractor starts without hesitation on the original battery (2013). I trickle charge it once a year to make sure it cycles. So far so good.

Yeah the engine starts great, even down to sub-zero - just gotta get it turning over first. I'm a bit dissapointed at the "duracell" branded 26R battery from BatteriesPlus only lasting 4 years, but I went and bought the same one again anyway, doh. The tractor does sit a lot, including weeks in a row out in the cold barn.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,208  
Sitting down seems to be one of the most painful things that I do. I spent most of the day in the truck and am SO glad to be home. I can't even sit at the computer for very long...
Try reaching down for that lever on the side and give that a tug, seems to make me quite comfy that sometime I fall asleep at the key board.........

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,209  
My turn is, I lived in the bush, and that's obviously something you know nothing about.

SR
Your right I live in a house with 4 wall and a roof, I have a welding job that puts Herford in the freezer so I can go hunting for recreation, but only after I get over my Nov illness.....
PS your turn.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,210  
Oh, I like taking a vacation... just not there! Wont give the idiots my money, and wont bow to thier illegal laws.

Your right theres no better place to take a vacation than some place with all kinds of snow to play in........:thumbsup: