Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,932  
<Bored in on one side and cut back to the end, Went from the end in on the other side.>

Gordon, did you use a standard crosscut chain or a rip chain on that pine?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,933  
<Bored in on one side and cut back to the end, Went from the end in on the other side.>

Gordon, did you use a standard crosscut chain or a rip chain on that pine?

Just a standard chain. I've never used a ripping chain so I can't say how much better it would be but to me a standard chain works fine especially in soft wood.

gg

Last edited:
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,934  
Just a standard chain. I've never used a ripping chain so I can't say how much better it would be but to me a standard chain works fine especially in soft wood.

gg

Where you see a difference is in the finish straight off the mill a good ripping chai will leave an almost perfect finish.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,935  
Sold a chainsaw, bought a chainsaw...

So I sold a light use Stihl MS362, I have had it a while but it doesn't get much use as it was too heavy for me, spent most of its time on a shelf in the barn, had both my shoulders redone and it was just too much. So I bought a Echo CS 501-P a bit lighter, down a grade in size , I hope it works out ok! In these crazy times nobody had one in stock for me to pick it up and play with it so I ordered one on line... Hope I did not make a mistake!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,936  
Sold a chainsaw, bought a chainsaw...

So I sold a light use Stihl MS362, I have had it a while but it doesn't get much use as it was too heavy for me, spent most of its time on a shelf in the barn, had both my shoulders redone and it was just too much. So I bought a Echo CS 501-P a bit lighter, down a grade in size , I hope it works out ok! In these crazy times nobody had one in stock for me to pick it up and play with it so I ordered one on line... Hope I did not make a mistake!
Hopefully hunt, I'm not familiar with that model . . . maybe Skeans knows ?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,937  
   / Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,938  
Hopefully hunt, I'm not familiar with that model . . . maybe Skeans knows ?

No I’m not, the only Echo I have is a big cs 1201 for running long bar on.
IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,939  
No I’m not, the only Echo I have is a big cs 1201 for running long bar on.
Yeah, I was thinking this may be too small for the stuff I see you do.

How long a bar do you run on that guy?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,940  
Yeah, I was thinking this may be too small for the stuff I see you do.

How long a bar do you run on that guy?

72” but that and the 60” are mainly used on the mill anymore.