Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,992  
hunt . . . I have mostly Stihl . . . but on a whim I bought a pole saw from Harbor Freight :( I know but the Dewalt and Stihl pole saw was $$$$$ of course . . . anyway I did not have much to do with it so I tried the HF one, very cheap and with the coupons well . . . .that cheap Chinese pole saw works pretty good.
Yeah, I have a nice Stihl cordless pole saw, works great! Or as I call it, chainsaw on a stick! I think it was in that $750 range

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,993  
So they are easy to start then? :LOL:
My wife has always had me start the gas mowers and leave them running for her. She has never been able to start anything that run a gas that didn't have a key. So, Yes, she can start the electric.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,994  
I have Ryobi and Greenworks battery chainsaws in 8",10", 12", 14", & 16". The first 4 are slow to OK 🐢, 16" Greenworks 80v is a screemer, I've cut 30 " trees and still hade battery left over. I've got two gas saws growing moss. I doubt I'll ever go back to gas.:)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,995  
I have Ryobi and Greenworks battery chainsaws in 8",10", 12", 14", & 16". The first 4 are slow to OK 🐢, 16" Greenworks 80v is a screemer, I've cut 30 " trees and still hade battery left over. I've got two gas saws growing moss. I doubt I'll ever go back to gas.:)
You must not cut too much then . . . ;)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,996  
It’s the same concept as a gas saw the strands plug the clutch cover.

Yes, but unlike a gas saw, an electric motor has high torque even at low speeds and will keep trying to pull, as long as the trigger is depressed, even if the motion completely stalls out (unlike a gas saw where the engine stalls once you stop it from moving, and the pulling is all over).

If you check with most chap manufacturers, you will find that many of their chaps are not certified for use with an electric saw. There are some that are certified for elect saws, but you have to hunt for them (at least around here).

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,997  
IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

The morning trying to fight through the brush the afternoon make the birds happy

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #17,999  
That's a good chopper!

This is our first shredder we’ve had flails for years but this Vrisimo 500 series is something else and a horsepower hog.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,000  
Yes, but unlike a gas saw, an electric motor has high torque even at low speeds and will keep trying to pull, as long as the trigger is depressed, even if the motion completely stalls out (unlike a gas saw where the engine stalls once you stop it from moving, and the pulling is all over).

If you check with most chap manufacturers, you will find that many of their chaps are not certified for use with an electric saw. There are some that are certified for elect saws, but you have to hunt for them (at least around here).

There is a good You Tube video where a guy tests a gas and electric saw on Stihl chaps.

I wish I could post it but my phone is not cooperating.

The chaps stop the electric fast. It also stops the gas. Both bind up and quit working.

The gas saw sounds snd moves much faster and is 10x more scary when he hits the chaps.

MoKelly