Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,761  
I bought a new trailer to haul logs to the mill and haul lumber and materials home. Here is loading logs near my house preparing to go to the mill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nice smooth loading operation. Simpler set-up than a parbuckle rig. Do you have any pictures of how you have that winch rigged?

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,762  
Yesterday I converted an old skid trail into a tractor road. It runs between two other tractor roads to give me a good loop thru some ash firewood and some fir. First I hand cut the small trees that had grown up at ground level. Here are a few before and after pics at different spots. The new road heads down hill from where it tees off.

AshLoop_1.JPG

AshLoop_2.JPG

Rocks and stumps typical in a skid trail were easy work for my little dozer.

AshLoop_3C.jpg

AshLoop_4.JPG

Since there are no ditches I try to keep some slope across the road so the water will run off to the low side and not be channeled down the road.

AshLoop_5.JPG

More of the same and where I stopped for lunch.

AshLoop_6.JPG

AshLoop_7.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,763  
Yesterday I converted an old skid trail into a tractor road. It runs between two other tractor roads to give me a good loop thru some ash firewood and some fir. First I hand cut the small trees that had grown up at ground level. Here are a few before and after pics at different spots. The new road heads down hill from where it tees off.

Rocks and stumps typical in a skid trail were easy work for my little dozer.

gg
Beautiful area!

But come on, where's the pictures of the "little dozer" doing some work? ;)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,764  
It's hiding in that last pic! Is that a dresser, Gord?

Beautiful woods and trails. Do you seed them with shade-grass or anything?

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,765  
View attachment 716952
Beautiful area!

But come on, where's the pictures of the "little dozer" doing some work? ;)

What I did yesterday was pretty mundane. But it can push when it has to. This was on the same type but more serious job a while back that I have shown before. Dresser TD7G, 70 hp, 14500 lbs

WestSlope2.JPG

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,766  
NICE looking logs!! What do you use to get them from the woods to the trailer? Those are a little bigger than I like to do, not sure my tractor could pick them up or that I could turn them over while on my mill.
The tree company the dropped the tree put them along side the road. I just had to pull up along side and load them with the winch.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,767  
Nice smooth loading operation. Simpler set-up than a parbuckle rig. Do you have any pictures of how you have that winch rigged?
Here are some picks of using the snatch block to pull up the logs. Because I had the 4x4s on the trailer, I was able to pull from underneath of the other logs.

Loading the Big one 01.png

Loading the Big one 02.png

Love this setup.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,768  
View attachment 716952

What I did yesterday was pretty mundane. But it can push when it has to. This was on the same type but more serious job a while back that I have shown before. Dresser TD7G, 70 hp, 14500 lbs

View attachment 716953

gg
My grandfather had a Dresser and loved it. My father left us boys with the JD 450C both great machines and used for exactly what is pictured here.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,769  
Dang. You put a lot of thought into this trailer, Ed. Frickin awesome.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #18,770  
Very nice Gordon!! And beautiful woods! How much property do you have there?