Tractors and wood! Show your pics

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,331  
Cut a nice bucket load of hornbeam rounds this morning. I am very thankful to have an abundance of this stuff on our property. For whatever reason, many of them grow to about this size (3-5" diam.) then die. They remain standing for a year or two, then the root ball rots and they fall over. At this point I'll buck them into 18" lengths and stack them to dry. It's usually dry enough to burn already at this stage with zero rot.

It is quickly becoming my favorite wood type to burn. It requires minimal effort to process compared to larger standing hardwoods, and the stuff burns like coal in the woodstove.

View attachment 748105
That's the hottest wood we have in Maine. It used to be popular for making axe handles and car bumpers.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,332  
Helped clean up tornado damage in town over the weekend and hauled 2 loads of blown down black walnut out!View attachment 747518View attachment 747519

Lots of trees at my place last weekend if anyone wants to come get them

1653862999043.png

1653863046208.png

1653863086967.png

1653863132745.png

1653863181524.png

Massive wind storm blew away Ottawa and east. I'm east where the worst damage happened.
I'm not bad off compared to many. Totaled barns, tops of houses, sheds etc.
My hydro was out for 8 days. Just came on today so I'm back home after almost $1k in hotel fees.
Now the work begins and will probably take me months because I'm working in the daytime and very slow moving at night.
Insurance had a company come over to put a proper patch on the roof to prevent further damage (rain etc) and it looks
like I'm going to need 4 or 5 roof trusses cut out and replaced.
Last pic was because the tree was going to fall on my septic bed and retaining wall I bored everyone with last summer.
Maybe should have let it fall and get the wall done professionally and a new sceptic bed. :)

(Just put this here because someone mentioned tornado clean up. Back to regular programming now.)

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,333  
Oh yeah, the one broken tree I was asking advice on best way to cut down a month or so ago is still standing.
So is the dead maple everyone was warning me about LOL

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,334  
Oh yeah, the one broken tree I was asking advice on best way to cut down a month or so ago is still standing.
So is the dead maple everyone was warning me about LOL
Dang!!!

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,335  
Lots of trees at my place last weekend if anyone wants to come get them

View attachment 748153

View attachment 748154

View attachment 748155

View attachment 748156

View attachment 748157

Massive wind storm blew away Ottawa and east. I'm east where the worst damage happened.
I'm not bad off compared to many. Totaled barns, tops of houses, sheds etc.
My hydro was out for 8 days. Just came on today so I'm back home after almost $1k in hotel fees.
Now the work begins and will probably take me months because I'm working in the daytime and very slow moving at night.
Insurance had a company come over to put a proper patch on the roof to prevent further damage (rain etc) and it looks
like I'm going to need 4 or 5 roof trusses cut out and replaced.
Last pic was because the tree was going to fall on my septic bed and retaining wall I bored everyone with last summer.
Maybe should have let it fall and get the wall done professionally and a new sceptic bed. :)

(Just put this here because someone mentioned tornado clean up. Back to regular programming now.)

Yikes - glad you are all safe.

gg

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,336  
Thanks Gordon. All good except for the obvious.
Wish it had missed my tractor though.
The house roof will be a project, but more or less easily fixed.
The tractor, not so much. Not sure what it'll be like getting parts for a Foton IF insurance covers it.
Cab is pretty much wrecked. I think the right floor pan is bent too. Fender out of whack and FEL controls
touching door.

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,337  
Dang :eek:

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,339  
I've always been fair with my insurance company. Me...I'd figure out what tractor was worth before the damage. Then cost to repair it. Then see what insurance company would pay me. I'd add my money to that buying a new tractor (I'm with Dodge Man on that).

/ Tractors and wood! Show your pics #20,340  
I should clarify, homeowners should cover fixing your tractor or if it can’t be fixed fair market value for it.